• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV: 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, Fl to VA and back.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil,

When the new one piece driveshaft arrives, please take a picture of it laying along side of the old two piece driveshaft. I would just like to see how they compare.

Thanks,

Bert

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one honkin drive shaft. I'm ready to see this baby in action. ;-)

Expendable

wow, that driveshaft looks sweet, great welds and those XL u-joints are massive. did you go so large because you plan on hauling with her?

o1951

Until it is installed, Suggest you protect the exposed slip yoke polished surface with cardboard or similar to prevent any scratches or nicks. Don't want to get a dripper because of damaged seal surface.

Stonepicker1

Until it is installed, Suggest you protect the exposed slip yoke polished surface with cardboard or similar to prevent any scratches or nicks. Don't want to get a dripper because of damaged seal surface.
Thanks, i already installed the driveshaft on the transfer case end. I have the diff end held up by a rubber strap for now.

Stonepicker1

Removed the old yoke and installed the new yoke and driveshaft.

took it for a drive down the street and back. Seems to shift and run good.

Going to need tires next.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it is ready for a forklift :mrgreen:

That rubber looked a little dry on the yoke. Good call on replacement

New tires with your Hutchinson rims?

Stonepicker1

Looks like it is ready for a forklift :mrgreen:

That rubber looked a little dry on the yoke. Good call on replacement
Yes, I thought the same thing when I saw it.

New tires with your Hutchinson rims?
I have the four Hutchinson rims, they have 39" tires on them right now. No way they will fit. Maybe 33" Hutchinson 16" rims or 35"(That's what on the 17" rims now)
I might look and see if the HMMWV wheels and tires will work. Still thinking about this one

Stonepicker1

No way these 39.5" tires are going to fit. I wanted the rims, but had to buy the tires also with the deal.

I going to try and fit some HMMWV tires and rims on the truck. I have some Dually hub adapters for the front. If they work, I will get spacers for the rear wheels. The truck has a 6" lift, but the tires my still rub.

If that don't work, I will either replace the 35"x13.50x17 or buy tires for the 16" beadlock rims.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks