• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

Yeah like I said it's easy to fix a tool box but a fuel tank now so much. My buddy bonedoc is now replacing his and he's spending a a pretty penny to do it and while he is he's coating the inside of the tank too. I'd rather not deal with that when I have all the plumbing to just move it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please cite your references as I would like to know. Not because I'm moving one but it sounds like a good conversation starter while looking at someone's truck. ;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The same could be expected when you have any accident, and they realize your truck frame has been altered and the handling characteristics were drastically effected.

bonedoc

Truck looks great Dan. I'll keep you posted on how the fuel tank goes. Looking forward to getting it replaced...mine isn't leaking bad but I don't like smelling leaking diesel when I walk past it...lol.

Who smells diesel? All I smell is oil haha!

That is true on the tank and the bobbed truck. It could be come a issue but I doubt it and I'm not to concerned about it. Has anyone ever taken notice of half the highly modified motorcycles on the road today? Or what about rat rods?

XchaosX

Wow Dan, your back! Let's hope you behave yourself this time. I've seem some nice really nice done up rat rods and some that are just an accident waiting to happen. Same goes for the bobbed trucks.

Ok so I saved my pictures from wheelin at the rally for my mod thread so you guys could see where all my hard work has taken me to and what the truck is capable of. Enjoy!!!!!! But I'm still far from finished lol

Attachments

I learned a few things this weekend......

Manual steering sucks

I did a good job at thumbs out but forgot to tuck elbows in and slammed my left elbow off the door twice..... That hurts bad!

I also am extremely glad I never mounted the front of my bed down. It let's the truck flex so nicely as you can see in the pictures.

I'm 110% extremely happy with bobbing my truck.... no regrets in my mind at all.