• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1032e1

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outside boxes are getting the same treatment along with pin switches. The possibilites are virtually endless with these lights.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact gen set parts next up

I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD SOURCE TO FIND A DASH MOUNTED SW PANEL AND WIRING FROM IT TO THE GOVERNOR AND GEN MOTOR. ANYBODY KNOW ANY GOOD SOURCES SHORT OF BUYING A PARTS TRUCK? I HAVE SOME PIECES BUT DON'T HAVE ANY TM'S SO I AM KINDA LOST HERE. THE SCHEMATIC IS RIVETED ON THE DOOR OVER THE GEN SET CONTROL WHICH SEEMS COMPLETE BUT THE WIRING WAS CUT LOOSE FROM THE DONOR TRUCK AND THE GUY I GOT IT FROM WANTED TO KEEP THE GOVERNOR AND WIRING TO SET UP SOME KIND OF FAST IDLE AS HE WAS TURNING HIS M-1031 CHASSIS INTO A WRECKER. THANKS.... ANY HELP WELCOME:popcorn:......POPACOM

Last edited:

southdave

Popacom.. the farmer dude from ny, had some sources for the controls(governor ect..) I belive..
however I recently saw the throdel thing for a hydraulic humvee winch, it was one gimpy throdel cables some bracketry hooked to the fuel peddel cable..

southdave

pic of assembley

Sorry for the spelling I am in my 19th hour at work.. here is a pick..
it seems to hook right too the acel. cable and attaches to the colum? no need for that big ass above the IP

Attachments

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
finally got a governer assy........still looking for the wiring between this unit
and the gen.set control panel. Also need one more yellow contact box
upper clearance light assy.............or a REASONABLE LED alternative that would
make it ossible to just go on and make them all LED.
I am hoping to get the lo-pro led lightbar on the ole girl this week.:whistle:......popacom:driver:

Skinny

finally got a governer assy........still looking for the wiring between this unit
and the gen.set control panel.
Most of the wiring is for the safety switches. It keeps the governor from functioning unless the tcase is in neutral and the gear shift in D range. You really could run a power feed from a toggle switch on the dash to the governor control box but you are bypassing the safeties at that point. I still have the original placards for the wiring and the original systems in place. If you need photos or any input, give me a hollar.

MoparGuy00

Hey, I intend to do this but with a M1010 Body after my stint on Okinawa ends. Did you find the paint scheme dimensions somewhere for the crew cab or?

How's the truck?
Didn't realize this thread had ended updates so long ago...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks