• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1007 Suburban CUCV Conversion

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this...
The comment that this build was a "Southern" thing kinda grinds my groin a mite....almost a yankee kinda thing there bossman.....lol. I have built lots of mv's in
my years in the hobby. ( started in 1974 )
And have caught lots of flak for some of
my mods. over that timeline .
I always referred to my builds as PIP for product improved models. I never ever butchered a truck,always took pains to make
my mods. appear factory in nature,so as to
not destroy the historical value should someone ever want to restore it at a later
date.
My point is......not everyone that has a military vehicle uses it as a showpiece for
history buffs to drool over.
Some just as myself enjoy the cool factor.
I'd say that's bout all my 2 cents is worth
but needed said.......good day! .........popacom

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doing a little thread resurrection here. But I have a K20 suburban that I had planned on putting a HMMWV tub on. But that'd be a lengthy project. I think this might be a good "in the mean time" conversion for it. Just need to source a brushguard at least.

srs78

Hello there, this is my own on-going m1007 project. Coming through little by little. Time and funding are the main constraints. As of the moment, winch is being installed. Good luck on your project.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Buckshot62

Thank you Warthog. Was talking to a guy today on line who told me he has seen 2 military square body suburbans for sale on line. Both had pics including Dana 60's in the front claiming they were factory military. I have never seen a square body suburban from the factory with a Dana 60. I know the air force ran some suburbans in the 80's. So these were just stripped down civilian models ? And they would have no military data plates on them ? Thanks for your time and effort.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks