• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

cucvrus

This M1009 is a 1984 model built 08/1983 the cables that ran to the rear radio were run on top of the floor. This hole is 1 1/4” IMG_0768.jpeg I used a standard hardware store steel plug and painted it to fill the void. I was going to weld it shut early on but wanted to retain the stock hole. IMG_0767.jpeg I hope you are having a great weekend. Take care. I am going to do a major up-fit now. I will report back.

cucvrus

IMG_0773.jpeg
IMG_0774.jpeg
I think I will call it a day. I made great progress. I still have the Wild Weasel wintering over here. I need to pressure wash and paint the rear frame section before I install the new lift springs. I don”t see that happening till spring. Take Care and have a Happy New Year. If weather permits I will do more in the next 2 days.

Sezzo

View attachment 913852
View attachment 913853
I think I will call it a day. I made great progress. I still have the Wild Weasel wintering over here. I need to pressure wash and paint the rear frame section before I install the new lift springs. I don”t see that happening till spring. Take Care and have a Happy New Year. If weather permits I will do more in the next 2 days.
The tires look great. Good choice.

cucvrus

I can thank Mr electric heater for my comfort and ability to make progress. IMG_0775.jpeg
I just hope the electric meter stays attached to the house as the meter is spinning out of control. I am always happy with the CUCV stance after replacing all 4 leaf springs with stock height springs. After 40 years they tend to sag and droop on the stock OEM springs. Worth the cost and effort.
IMG_0776.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg

cucvrus

I loved the Goodyear Duratraks on every vehicle I ever put them on. My Trail Boss is OEM equipped with these tires and I have 39k miles on them and they are still 9/32 tread. MTR were my favorite tires, but time has passed, and they went the way of the Wild wood weed and Dodo bird.

IMG_0778.jpeg

Last edited:

cucvrus

I spent the day after church taking in firewood. Currently that is my only heat source. This is the trashy wood I sorted out of my wood pile while I was splitting and stackingIMG_0782.jpeg now I need to get some helpers hete to stretch the tarp out on the pile. I have a few of the water bladders and they are that hard to handle when cold they are like sheet metal. After dark I went in the barn to look for bolts and parts. I am hand picking all of my fasteners. I havr lots of options. This what it looks like when you tear vehicles apart for a lifetime.

IMG_0784.jpeg IMG_0783.jpeg I have parts . I just need to find them. Nice that they are all inside. Ask if you need something I found things I forgot I had. Happy New Year 2024.

Sezzo

Imagine that I don”t have the bracket that goes on the dash. Oh well if I don”t find one I will just use a stock trim panel. I still have a GM one in the box. But I know one person that is smiling because I was able to save that warranty decal. Have a Great Day.View attachment 913928
I have a radio bracket. I can send it to PA if you want me to.

cucvrus

I am building it one piece at a time. I was sweating the nomenclature plate as I had lost it for many years. And recently I was unable to find it. It brings a tear to my eye. My Wife clipped it to the title and had it locked in the safe. WOW. IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0793.jpeg
It has a 3 digit VIN after the zeros. It matches the A pillar dash VIN.
Even small pieces installed clean and correct count. Every part installed is a step on the right direction . Now I will scrub duct work. IMG_0790.jpeg IMG_0791.jpeg I will report back later. The heater is a great thing. Happy New Year 2024 is going to be a great year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks