• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

cucvrus

I have door nomenclature riveted back on. IMG_0799.jpeg
The right vent back in place. IMG_0800.jpeg And I am working on getting the wiring harness installed . I have lots of prep work and cleaning on the steering column before that will be completed . IMG_0801.jpeg Next I am going to get the duct work and heater box back under the dash in place. Every step counts. I will keep you updated.

cucvrus

I was looking for fasteners and came across a bag of vintage GM wire ties. IMG_0802.jpeg I reattached the diagnostic plug only because it was there. I have the heater box reattached and added the lower air director. I have the ashtray back in and am moving onto the heater controls and then the glove box. IMG_0803.jpeg IMG_0804.jpeg IMG_0805.jpeg I guess the ashtray is just an ash tray. Nothing fits real nice on these old trucks. IMG_0806.jpeg More as it happens.

cucvrus

That wasn’t”t too bad. I am happy with the part I am working with, it is in great shape for being over 40 years old. IMG_0813.jpeg IMG_0814.jpeg IMG_0815.jpegIMG_0816.jpeg IMG_0817.jpeg
The butyl glue is still pliable and tacky. These rubbers are a joy to get back in the channel. That is it for today. I think I have a genuine GM set of the 2 piece seals. That would be sweet. More later as it happens.

cucvrus

I dug around in my stash and found a set of GM wing vent rubber seal. One problem. One is the one piece and the other is the 2 piece. I have to make a huge order to LMC to finish my project. I will probably drill the rivets out of my wing vents just to ease in installation of the seals. IMG_0818.jpeg IMG_0819.jpeg IMG_0820.jpeg
I have 2 boxes of the vertical wing vent seals. Looks like 4 total. I also found a new GM door to body seal only 1 but may need 1 someday. Take Care.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huge orders to lmc is pretty normal to get all the smalls.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I just made an order with LMC for over $1K I was able to order everything but the side glass seals on the cargo top. I never replaced them and my glass guy that I have been working with for the past 30years begged me to use the old ones. He hates aftermarket glass rubber. I C also ordered a new rear glass and windshield. Clear is not available and I am not worried about that. Tomorrow I want to make some progress on my M1009 project. Be Safe.

cucvrus

I came home from work and decided I would experiment with my wing vent window. I drilled the rivets out and looked at my chrome vent handles. I have a new GM one and a used black one. I think I am going to put the chrome ones in only because that is what it had from the factory. IMG_0866.jpeg IMG_0865.jpeg IMG_0864.jpeg IMG_0863.jpeg I must work tomorrow at my ft job so I may lack motivation after work. Besides heating the garage gets hard and it keeps getting colder out. More as it happens. Take Care.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go for the chrome! Are you doing the same thing with the rear window crank? I have a nos nsn rear crank that is chrome but it doesn't have the handle part of the crank that flips open just the short nub where the lock would go. Tough to figure out what was stock and what changed with parts replacement. I have a bunch of the cranks where the lock goes but they're black!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks