• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 recovery with disastorous result

todds112

That stinks. As a Detective I have spent countless hours collecting and examining broken auto parts, then casing body shops, etc. trying to catch these kinds of pukes. I really take these cases personally, especially when someone gets hurt.

Be very proud of one thing. By making your boy wear his seat belt, you saved his life. By wearing yours, you saved the life of your boy's dad. In the big picture, this was one of your BEST days. I have seen way too many that didn't end so well.

Speedy recovery!

Screamer27

OMG, I passed you! I was in a big black Dodge truck pulling a 28FT yellow Crownline speed boat the other way, I saw you just before grinnell... I was on my way back from Iowa City, heading towards Des Moines on Tuesday. I pointed to my buddy, "hey look at the 1009' I wonder if it's coming from Jefferson City, Ft Riley, or Camp Dodge.
Also there was a Pinzgauer about 50 miles ahead of you!

ryan77

Screamer27 i think i remember seeing you on the road, I was taking my time on the way to because i was paranoid, I stopped about 10 times to check stuff and it still didnt matter. Todds112 my dad is a retired detective after over 30 years and he is besides himself that the as##ole drove away. Im not a sue happy guy and wouldnt sue if the guy stopped, but the main problem with society is no one has a set of nuts anymore weather its causing a accident and leaving, not calling you back on the phone, no one can stand up and take punishment, or etc, But life goes on i will heal get a new van or truck and it will be a bad memory. All i care about is that my son is not pysically injured.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, I'm glad your son is OK and pray you recover quickly.

I drive about 60-80K miles a year, and have come to the conclusion that driving is the most dangerous thing most of us do. The biggest threat is the other driver, and there is not a whole lot you can do about it, other than keep your speed down and eyes open.

ryan77

They have not found the drive yet, probably never will, which sucks because i have no one to go after for the 6 weeks of lost pay at work...........Plus the pain and suffering

warlord381

Glad your boy is ok, as bad as things look you can always look back and say "thank god it wasnt worse". I know it sucks but you really were lucky.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks