• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a1 trailer rebuild

xjghost

Ty hen I moved on to swapping the 11R16’s for the 9R16’s from the donor trailer. 11’s fit bit it’s way too tall for my truck. They’d be good behind my Jeep though.
IMG_5961.jpegIMG_5962.jpeg

xjghost

Really glad I got the parts trailer. Learned there is a center bolt front and rear. So I used it to position the trailer and tub. Also started pulling the parts I need to mate them again. Will definitely have to replace these bolts.

IMG_5966.jpeg
IMG_5965.jpeg

xjghost

Cleaned and painted the 4 tabs I had removed from the donor trailer and mounted them. Started working on the lights. I know this is 24v. So can I put 12v bulbs in it or will I need to ditch these and go to regular trailer lights? Also what all is this? One came apart but they both have bolts broken off in the housing. Looks and feels aluminum.

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5969.jpeg

xjghost

I have the tub mounted and sent the lights to a machinist friend to fix the broken bolt issue. Also picked up the extra rims I took to get blasted. Can read some of the stamped markings.

.IMG_5990.jpegIMG_5992.jpegIMG_5993.jpegIMG_5994.jpegIMG_5995.jpegIMG_5996.jpegIMG_5997.jpegIMG_5989.jpeg

xjghost

I got my rims painted and watched a couple videos about mounting the tires on these rims. Guy was doing what he said was a Winabega rim that looks like these bud wheels. He mentions a flap. Are these supposed to have a flap?
IMG_6031.jpeg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it will work just fine.
I've seen them a lot worse.

Recommend you use silicone grease on the bead.
It makes breaking the tire down again MUCH easier.

xjghost

What pressure was recommended on these rims? I pumped the tire up to 30 psi yesterday in 5 psi increments hitting the ring each time.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know the official recommended tire pressure.
It will be in the TM operators manual, but I run 35 in each tire.
I personally would not go over 50 psi with those.
There should be stamping somewhere on the rim that shows the maximum pressure for that rim.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are LT so they will handle higher weight and pressure. 30-35 normal loads ok and you have wiggle room to pump up when carrying a heavier load. Your limiting factor in my opinion is the tube.
Is it a radial tube?
Did you put flaps in to protect the tube?

xjghost

Those are LT so they will handle higher weight and pressure. 30-35 normal loads ok and you have wiggle room to pump up when carrying a heavier load. Your limiting factor in my opinion is the tube.
Is it a radial tube?
Did you put flaps in to protect the tube?
Yes radial tube and new flaps. I did find this referenced in the manual but did not see anything about recommended pressure. I guess my main concern is making sure there is enough pressure to keep the ring locked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks