• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 lunette assembly broken bolt

ultim8gamr

Ok so I was able to get the Lunette assembly off this past weekend. The two rear bolts were perfectly fine, it was the lower plate that bend around the bolt holes. I will get some pics up soon. But the two front holes did not have sheared bolts in them. They had rubber/plastic plugs in them that has 3/8 marked on them. Maybe they were put in when everything was painted? Has anyone noticed this before? I will get pictures up soon. Glad to see its a simple fix like finding the correct bolts, but this does seem odd. also, IIRC the rear bolts appeared to be grade 5 bolts by the markings on the head.

Pinz25086

Well if they are supposed to grade 8 and they were grade 5, I would feel safe answering the question of why they sheared. Big difference in stength.

Wayne

lindyp38

this site can literally be a lifesaver.......im so thankful to everyone who has helped me along the way...

id like to get a trailer for my m1008........