• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 lunette assembly broken bolt

ultim8gamr

Ok so I was able to get the Lunette assembly off this past weekend. The two rear bolts were perfectly fine, it was the lower plate that bend around the bolt holes. I will get some pics up soon. But the two front holes did not have sheared bolts in them. They had rubber/plastic plugs in them that has 3/8 marked on them. Maybe they were put in when everything was painted? Has anyone noticed this before? I will get pictures up soon. Glad to see its a simple fix like finding the correct bolts, but this does seem odd. also, IIRC the rear bolts appeared to be grade 5 bolts by the markings on the head.

Pinz25086

Well if they are supposed to grade 8 and they were grade 5, I would feel safe answering the question of why they sheared. Big difference in stength.

Wayne

lindyp38

this site can literally be a lifesaver.......im so thankful to everyone who has helped me along the way...

id like to get a trailer for my m1008........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks