• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 (I won it today, Praise the LORD) more picts

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: M1031

Thanks Kenny:
I remember the miles in an M1008 on the road and remembering that they slowed down coasting downhill. If I win this one tomorrow it will form the basis for my retirement repair service. I have all the tools to put in it and hope that I can get it for my bid.

Westech

CPL

hey thanks for the listing... I think I will bid on that it looks really nice.... JUST KIDDING! If it was Kenny's I just might have... but snipe the "old man's" truck... for some reason I dont think that would be good for my Military career.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

As chaplain, he would definitely pray a lot for you. Sinners and those about to die need a lot of praying over... rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I never count anything as mine anyway God gives and takes away and we all go out with only the spiritual things. I understand and love the free society we live in so as in so many auctions if someone else wants if for more than I am willing to pay they have the right. I am hoping the airhead bid up dudes are on vacation today.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm afraid to ask what it went for as I might be kicking me backside but what did you have to give for it Sir? Glad it went to a good home.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Won the Truck

Wow Praise the LORD. I won this truck with no airhead upbidders monkeying around. The price stayed put the last 24 hours.

Just over 13K miles and runs Bid ended at $2157.00

Attachments

JohnFire

RE: Won the Truck

Congrats David, I watched the auction. The M1009 I wanted went a little higher than I was willing to pay. If you need anything when you pick it up let me know. I am 30 miles from the Gap.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks great! Nice price. One in rough shape went for over $2500 in Lansing this past july. You did well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Nice truck! It caught my eye too. I was about to bid on it near the end, but we went out for diner instead. My wife seems to have figured out that most of the GL events I bid on, end on Thursday evening at 5-6 pm. We seem to go out to dinner a little more often than we used too. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't "run it up" on you! It did sell for a great price in my opinion. Best of luck! [thumbzup]

citizensoldier

What did some of the M1008's go for? They had some nice trucks and I didnt get home from work in time .
Congrats on that 1031 it looks like a good one.. No fork truck dents in the sides and nice interior..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow this is so cool I may ask for your help in picking it up if my boys have trouble coming up from Baltimore since they work and are in College during the week. I am excited about it having an on board power pack as it will fire up my welder and aircompressor and all the power tools as well. I do not like cordless tools for real work. I think it was in a Battalion motor pool for years and they only drove it for Annual Training. I know we did not get one in any of my truck companys but we sure could have used one.

Thanks guys and it will be coming to rallys when I retire

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You know I never even thought about it but I see Johnfire has an M1028 Contact truck and I got to thinking that most of the ones I remember were M1028, what is the main difference between the two?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks