• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061A1 ...Recovered

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1010 isn't getting anywhere near this thing. I think I have a suiter for it. Now I just have to devise a plan to get it to the GA Rally for delivery.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: M1061a1

Don't think that is a cucv trailer... I did pull mine with a 3/4 ton truck, don't do as I do!
Take one of the brake drums off, and remember your vow of no 5 tons!

Last edited:

Jakelc15

I wouldn't want to pull one with anything less than a Deuce. A good load on it is pretty taxing on a deuce. They were made for the 5 tons. They're rated for 10k but the Army regularly put Humvees and generators weighing over 10k on them.
I've used mine a good bit, sometimes not as intended.

Attachments

quickfarms

M1061a1

I wouldn't want to pull one with anything less than a Deuce. A good load on it is pretty taxing on a deuce. They were made for the 5 tons. They're rated for 10k but the Army regularly put Humvees and generators weighing over 10k on them.
I've used mine a good bit, sometimes not as intended.
Interesting loading technique

I did not know they were tilt beds

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will not disclose my method of retrieving it but it will be short lived here. JW4x4 wants it for his trucktor so it shall be.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The laundry unit setup on mine gives a gross trailer wt of over 15,000 lbs! 3-DAngus suggested it would make a very sturdy height-adjustable work table, especially if you took off the tires.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's been the average price of these as of late. I'm afraid to post up what I paid for this one, don't want to get mugged.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owned two - they are very useful, but a deuce is the minimum you want to haul it with, as far as military trucks go. (Stretch hauled it home with a 3/4-ton pickup, but I think he was borderline nuts). Going up and down hills EMPTY on I-95 in northern VA, slowed the deuce down to about 25 on the hills. A 5-ton is preferable.

jw4x4

Looks like that trailer only had the front axle touching the ground when Stretch pulled it with his pickup. I am wondering about the lunette height of the trailer when behind my trucktor. It should sit level. Thanks, Kenny!!!! It's great to have good friends in good places.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks