• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 conversion in progress, setting the standard

Here is a video of my version of a M109A3 camper conversion. It is in PROGRESS , so I will make a new video at a later date. I will have a bathroom w/ a shower and flushing toilet in front of the dinette seat.
The kitchen counter will have a 3 burner stove and a double stainless sink at the other end.The bed will be the dinette table dropped to the seating level and cushins stacked together to make the bed. I opted to use hardwood floors instead of carpet because of the longevity and the mess of dirt and sand that tears up the carpet.
I choose to use all solid oak trim for the cabinet work.
I have built a propane tank compartment between the dual wheels that drops down to remove and fill. I built it out of 1/4" steel plate to survive a flung tire tread and rocks.
Under the rear dinetter seat will have a 45 gallon fresh water tank and pump as shown in the pictures.
I will acquire a RV generator and mount it between the frame rails in front of the pintle hitch crossmember.
I will relocate the pioneer tool rack on the front face of the box and I will install a black tank over the spare tire carrier. The gray tank will be mounted over the forward rear drive axle for the shower and sink water.
I have done all the wiring, painting,plumbing,propane work , carpentry work myself.
You may need to click the link above the media window to download the video. Please be patient, it might be worth your wait?
Richard

Attachments

19kilo

Nice work Richard,
Makes me want to start up and finish remodeling mine with some of the features I wanted to add to it. Like the Dining table/bed combo and ac unit on the roof, and a generator. Keep up the great job!

Thanks Mike (wsucougarx) for bidding against me! ha ha ha. It was listed as not running and I installed a new battery (1) greased it,topped fluids , fixed a flat and hauled a$$, well, 53 mph. I lucked out on this one, came with engine, trans, transfer, rad. air pump overhauled. New tires too. Well, God blessed me with this one. I am having injectors sticking intermitinly and leaking black oil from exh. manifold. Will have them popped and cleaned soon.
Thanks for the nice words!
Richard

jdmcgowen

srodocker: Click on the file in yellow and open it manually. That's how I have to do it.
Mastergunner53: Wonderful job, we need to see lots more of this. That is some great craftsmanship. Not many good carpenters around anymore. My father's a perfectionist and I'd love to be as good as he is, and it looks you are that way as well. Thanks for the video. Some days I wish I had a M109A3 instead of the M35A2, but I do like looking out the back window while backing out the driveway.

zout

Mastergunner - very clean looking 109 and I bet you are enjoying your time working and building on it.

As someone had mentioned I do have a thread going and to find it click on the Forum link above - go to members ride's and it is under My New Ride m109a3.

I am sure you will see something you might like.

If you have not closed up the A/C hole - you may want to round the edges of the roof metal and not squared - if the corners are left square it will start splitting out and fracturing on you - just a thought, just trying to save you a leaker at a later date.

I have over 300 pics there to choose from on the thread.
Keep the pics coming of the build

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks