• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A4 Project

rwbrown72

Been a while.... got most of the "little things" going on the truck. I've also been working on the MKT for the upcoming mini-rally in Indiana. Here is a shot of the interior of the 109 box. Got a bed, workbench, and tool box in last night. Dug out my old college dorm room fridge...yes it still works after all these years. Had to introduce the old fridge to a cell phone. It was put on a shelf long before cell phones were made. Wonder how we got by back then! :beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

rwbrown72

Couple more photos from this morning. I camped in my front yard in the truck last night. Nice cool evening with a light breeze. got out the 40 degree sleeping bag and went to bed. It was nice. Been missing this.

Attachments

rwbrown72

That must be miserably hot in the sun. A 109 box gets hot already, but black:shock:
I'm probably going to paint it. I just primed it last fall to cover up the rust spots. I'm not sure what the final paint job will be. thinking about doing something out of the ordinary. We shall see....

Vanniek71

Quick question, and maybe someone can redirect me to a more pertinent thread.....how hard would it be to convert one of the M109a4 engines to run multifuel, or at least off veggi oil?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in the alternative fuel forum. The Cat engine really only likes straight diesel. It was never designed to run anything else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks