• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 spare tire carrier and other mods

Jim Dow

Now I'm installing two 110v circuits for charging batteries, lights, heaters, fans, and cooking.

Then I'll install some 12v circuits for charging cell phones, lights, and my CPAP machine.

Jim Dow

I can certainly understand that. I had a difficult time also. I bought mine from an individual near San Antonio, TX. He had advertised it on Craig's List.

cyclic

Are you going to add receivers to the outside ends of the bumper to allow the stabilizer legs to continue to be used?

Ah, never mind. You kept them behind the bumper.

OldTow

That is a really unique set up, and I really like it. The only problem I would have with that is here in Arizona we would have to draw water and then wait 2 hours for it to cool off ....aua

Jim Dow

The original PVC pipe was white (which reflects light and heat); but besides the water tanks, I'm in the process of adding a rack with space for a Coleman water cooler which will be full of ice.
The two (PVC pipe) tanks are planned for water for washing up; and for that I might just want some warm/hot water.

OldTow

Ahhhh good idea on the water cooler, we carry one 24/7/365. I love all the mods you are doing to your trailer, sure wish I was 30 years younger and I would do the same. Here where I live in AZ, we would still have to wait for the water to cool off even to wash up with, however on the good side the wife would love it for doing the dishes :)

Jim Dow

Keep watching this thread. Next, I'm going to install the battery box. After that, I will install the rack for a) generator, b) gas can, and c) the water cooler/LP bottle.
I'll have pictures too.
Finally, I'll show you the 110V and the 12V circuits and accessories on the inside - I have to tidy them up a bit before I show the pics.
By the way, I'm retirement age; but I'm neither retired nor 30 years younger than you.

rustystud

By the way, I'm retirement age; but I'm neither retired nor 30 years younger than you.(quote)

Now there's retirement age and then there's "retirement age". One of my doctors described it this way. There are two types of people, first there's the ones who go through life pretty easy, never getting all crazy and doing things that can hurt there bodies like playing football, racing motorcycles, sky diving, off road racing and such other activities. Then there's the second type who never say no to any activity even if it will cause great bodily harm. Then my doctor looked at me with my 33 surgeries and said "guess which category your in !

sgthawk

Jim can you show some close up pictures of the plates you had fabed up to bolt the bumper to the pintle hitch mounts? How did you bolt them together?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks