• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123 and M125 10-tons

Dirt71

123Mack,
The M123 video on display at a car show was mine. I had bought it off the guy in Jacksonville some 7 years ago. After purchase, the truck was in poor condition, cracked door glass, windshields....I had replaced a lot of sheet metal like the fenders, hood, doors, etc.... not to mention the engine which had to be replaced. The brakes didn’t work, so all valves and components were cleaned and or replaced. After 4 years of working on it and a new paint job, the video was the end result. I got to enjoy MY hard earned work for 3 years driving it over 1500 miles and winning multiple vehicle shows. I sold it to a heavy equipment I just wanted to give credit where it’s due.
Really Dude!!!!?? I don't know how you sleep at night telling such lie's. That truck ran, drove and stopped just fine when you got it from me! As far as the engine needing to be replaced that's all on your dumbass...you over revving it causing it to break off an exhaust valve is what destroyed that engine!!!! WOW!!!!! Why not tell the whole story that when you broke it you called me accusing me of selling you the truck knowing it had a problem, but I called you out on it and you ended coming to Florida and buying the engine out of Ol' Rusty and that's what you put back in the truck and drove 1500 mile's....

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a 123 and when folks say they are not for the faint of heart they mean it. The trucks are very LARGE and with duals on they are to wide to be legal on the roads. Mine had the 300 Cummins V-8 engine in it. You will see them once in awhile around for sale and on a few of them the restorations are beyond words beautiful even to the point of amazing! The problems with these trucks along with all the other BIG trucks is they sell cheap because they take up a whole lot of room, fitting into a garage? NOT A CHANCE, you would be lucky to fit it into your shop! The other problem that seem very special to just the MACK series trucks is certain parts are just plain NOT available in the US! MACH is owned by I think Fiat out of Italy and it seems that is where all the parts are for these trucks, good luck with that!
Both the 123 and the 125 along with the MACK NO are incredible pieces of history and they can be found for about the price of scrap or less, I got mine for less than the price of scrap but sold mine to a collector who is restoring another one and wanted mine for parts.
I hope you fine on but I would make 1 very strong suggestion to you! BUT IT COMPLETELY ALREADY RESTORED!!!!! The fellow who restored it is going to very likely lose his butt on the deal because of his costs and time into making it beautiful, better him than YOU!!!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks