• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m129a2c super camper build

ODDBALL007

Hey Nick thanks for the box trade. It went to a good cause.I should be home about middle of next month. I hope that's going to be OK? If I can get to them sooner I will. Let me know:shock:

rbeasley66

That's all alright, I'm having a week like that my self. Hay if your buddy wants that six breaker panel and the main disconnect, I'll trade you that all for the two windows we talked about, my ham guys don't want it because that's not what was originally in there com box.

Also been rethinking the skin issue, been thinking of using fiberglass sheet to re sin the trailer. Its a lot cheaper and I can get it in one long sheet for each side.
Oddball and indy4x4fab, I'm heading up to Haspin for the rally the middle of June. If I can take anything up or bring something back to Central Florida for you, just let me know. I'll be pulling the goose neck with my pickup hauling the M1009 and M1102 on it.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well I think the main problem with the 16-20 on the trailer is that they a 53.5'', tall if they where 52'' tall they would mount right up. I'm still looking for the TM on just the trailers chassis.

jasonjc

I don't think there is a TM for just the M126. On my M129 the chassis has a M126 data plate that calls for TM 9-2330-207-14. Same as for the M127 , M128 , and M129.

MilitaryRestoration

Hmm that setup looks oddly familiar :) good looking truck and trailer! I'm repainting my camper trailer this summer and adding the 3kw generator underneath. Good luck with yours. Let me know if you have any questions.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got Oddball, Razer, Chappy now Indy4x4fab is building out a trailer. This trailer thing is catching on. Indy do you have a floor plan. Also of note A/C cages has a chit load of insulation same as Chris used on his rig, to get rid of.

Good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing the progress.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got Oddball, Razer, Chappy now Indy4x4fab is building out a trailer. This trailer thing is catching on. Indy do you have a floor plan. Also of note A/C cages has a chit load of insulation same as Chris used on his rig, to get rid of.

Good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing the progress.[thumbzup][thumbzup]
Just for the record, Don...
Our trailer is pretty much on "Coccoon Status" waiting until just the right time to morph int a "Butterfly". She's literally dormant right now serving as a temporary storage unit as we finish some remodelling inside the house. (had to move some furniture out to demolish a wall and move the kitchen... a work in progress.)

But THANKS for including me in the
"Trailer-Build Club" :doghead:

indy4x4fab

Banned

Still not quite sure if I'm cutting the top off yet and making it a gondola trailer or maybe even a flat bed, but I'll get our floor plan up loaded soon.

jasonjc

There is also a M129A3 that has full air brakes and has it's own TM. If you do chop the top (heven forbid) I mite be interested in the windows.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
There is also a M129A3 that has full air brakes and has it's own TM. If you do chop the top (heven forbid) I mite be interested in the windows.
No wherries, as of right now the trailer is safe from the cut off wheel and sawzall. And if I do chop the top then I will be saving the windows for the next m129a2c super camper build, as well as all the new roof panels.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well have made some progress on the trailer got my rear air and light hook ups mounted, front solid window was replaced by a swing out window (thanks oddball007), mounted my gen set under the trailer on unistrut as well as mounted my strorage box next to it. I plan to mount two more m939 passenger side under cab storage boxes under the skid racks just behind the front landing gear for more storage yet. Also have the small hole fixed in the roof as well now started working on re attaching the sides of the roof to the box again as well down the passenger side and across the back. I rewired the all the marker lights on the trailer to light up 24 volt. There still are four 12v marker lights on the trailer as well as the 12 tail lights but I didn't want to have indot give me any trouble about the trailers lighting at night. I've also added 172a1 landing pads to my landing gear so I won't have the legs over extended. Still need to add the safety chain eye bolts and the lumnet to the rear bumper for the support m105a2.

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Used my m818 to pull the m129 super camper home. Got the sticky brakes on the trailer freed up with some pb air tool oil, and the m818 had no problems pulling her home. Got a few funny looks as we pulled it to the Aldi's food store tho to do our grocery shopping on the way home. Truck had more then enough power to pull her home never made it in to 5th gear tho on the way home so Once we get her all cleaned out and wired up I'll have to take her out for a true short road test.

Stared the wiring posses, and finalizing the floor plans.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
The gen set under the body is for while we are driving down the road, to keep the a.c. unit running to cool the inside of the box as well as to keep the fridge going till we can hook on to a land line or fire up the MEP-002A that will be in tow behind the m129 in the m105 along with a 165 gal. fresh water tank.

nick driving the m818, pulling m129a2c, pulling m105a2 with aubrey driving her m931a1 or m923a1 pulling her m105a2. That should make the for quite a sight.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Had some spare time this past weekend and ended up rimming up a couple 14r20s on rims and mounting them on the trailer, while the neighbors all watched. Here's what she look like with big girl shoes on. I'm think I am going to take the 16r20s off the truck and go down to 14r20s on the truck as well just so its a one size tire for truck and trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks