• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M27 Bomb Truck

Jeff Lakaszcyck

I haven't checked in for a while, I see I've been missing all the fun.

Nice find wayofftrack, I hope it ends up in your shop.

As far as the 94th Aero Squadron, there was a chain of these restaurants and there was one at the Herndon Airport in Orlando. It was originally WW1 theme but then changed to WW2. I have pics somewhere of the CCKW's that were there. There was even one in Atlanta, I think the name was different but the same WW2 theme. There were a couple of CCKW's, a WC54 ambulance, and a Ford GP for a gate guard.

Oldfart

Must have been quite a few 94th Aero Squadron restaurants around. There was one purpose built at Stapleton Air Port in Denver that we went to quite a bit in the early 70's. French Farm house style with an old WW1 looking truck out front parked next to a red triwing replica. There was a Spad that was supposed to be real hanging from the ceiling of the main dinning room. Good looking waitresses wearing French farm girl outfits. I think they closed in the early 80's down turn. All that was before Stapleton closed and moved out close to the Kansas border to reopen as DIA. I am pretty sure they stuck with the WW1 theme all the way to the bitter end.

paulfarber

No pics.

If it IS a genuine M27 then pics would be cool.

Plus we could see if its a restoration candidate or just rust held together by paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks