• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M27 Bomb Truck

Jeff Lakaszcyck

I haven't checked in for a while, I see I've been missing all the fun.

Nice find wayofftrack, I hope it ends up in your shop.

As far as the 94th Aero Squadron, there was a chain of these restaurants and there was one at the Herndon Airport in Orlando. It was originally WW1 theme but then changed to WW2. I have pics somewhere of the CCKW's that were there. There was even one in Atlanta, I think the name was different but the same WW2 theme. There were a couple of CCKW's, a WC54 ambulance, and a Ford GP for a gate guard.

Oldfart

Must have been quite a few 94th Aero Squadron restaurants around. There was one purpose built at Stapleton Air Port in Denver that we went to quite a bit in the early 70's. French Farm house style with an old WW1 looking truck out front parked next to a red triwing replica. There was a Spad that was supposed to be real hanging from the ceiling of the main dinning room. Good looking waitresses wearing French farm girl outfits. I think they closed in the early 80's down turn. All that was before Stapleton closed and moved out close to the Kansas border to reopen as DIA. I am pretty sure they stuck with the WW1 theme all the way to the bitter end.

paulfarber

No pics.

If it IS a genuine M27 then pics would be cool.

Plus we could see if its a restoration candidate or just rust held together by paint.