• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M270 / LB20 Trailer Mods

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love that shop! great job there! I really want an m270 (the m172 is just too short and overwidth) but the height off the ground makes me want to wait and purchase a civi dropdeck. looks good!

R Racing

Working on 8' ramps now that will be spring assist . Then if money allows I'm going to put a deck over the neck with ramps up to it to put my skidsteer . The shop its at is a Machine shop that specializes in truck and trailer mods and fab. I worked there 16 years ago . THey have 2 overhead crains and a welder every 10 feet it seems lol

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome looking work. I can't imagine the work that has to go into modding a gooseneck like that to your specs and still be safe, that must take expert welding skills. [thumbzup]

R Racing

Its coming slow but surely. here are some pictures of the ramps, Also for you trucker and trailer guru's I have 20" rims and want to swap out to 22.5. Do they make a rim that bolts on to my 20" centers to go 22.5 ??

Attachments

jwaller

My poor trailer. Now if I could have done that with it, I'd never have sold it. I like what your doing with it, keep it up. your giving me some ideas for my other M270.

R Racing

Im sorry Jwaller, but I needed a way to get the stuff from the ground up lol . Don't think its in the buget this go around, But want to make 2 sections of the deck near the neck spring loaded to pop up as ramps and do a second deck on the neck for more hauling. So when you going to sell me your spare LED headlights ? LOL

jwaller

ah, well I do have 2 spare led headlights. maybe you need them more than I do. pm me if you want them. I always wanted to put a deck on the neck, thought it would be a good use of wasted space.

R Racing

Trying to find the outer rims that fit on the 5 star hub. There isn't alot of options in tires for the 20" i'm told . But I can do a low profile and loose 3 or 4 inches in height with the 22.5 rim or so I am told. Would love to stuff a furniture moving van axles with the air ride and 15 inch rims. but its not in the buget.

Bighurt

That's the issue wit Dayton style wheels...you are kinda stuck with what you have. The centers are bolted to the hub with 5 nuts so you have two choices. Find a 22.5" center that will mount to your hub. Or swap out the hub to Budd style.

I'm fairly certain they don't make 22.5" demountable rims that will mount on a 20" Dayton center...however I'm wrong quite a bit these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks