• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M270 / LB20 Trailer Mods

R Racing

Sweet ! U will have the full blown 1 before you know it !! [thumbzup]:jumpin: Something tells me i'll be seeing a green trailer behind a desert tan M916 from time to time soon lol .rofl

powerhouseduece

Any clue on how much it weighs? I'm sure with a m920 and that trailer, you get close to the legal limit real quick. If you load it to capacity, you might be over weight.

R Racing

Truck weights 31,000 ish the trailer started out at 17K but im guessing it picked up another 1000 LBS so there is still room to carry stuff weight wise. [thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know if you ever changed the wheels but I've changed a many 20" Dayton wheels over to 22.5". Every 22.5 Dayton wheel I've seen will fit in the place of a 20". Most all dumptrucks you see are running 22.5 Daytons on the tag axle. They aren't very hard to find.

R Racing

M16ty, I would love to put the 22.5s on it but for now I have run out of trailer funds. I was quoted for 8 tires and 8 rims mounted ( Low profile 22.5s and new rims ) like 4K I have 7 1100 x 20s that are new. There a bit taller than I want, But beggers can't be choosers . I think I may have found a 8th 1100 x 20 but waiting for a call back. I have my Ramp switch and stenciling done. Will need to try and take a picture or 2 by the weekend.

R Racing

Thanks John ! He does alot of custom trailers, They have been a friend of the familys for 38 years and we still help each other out. Now I'm ready for your next big purchase and recovery if you need a hand lol :jumpin: ;-) [thumbzup]

R Racing

Here are the pic's . There is some over spray and My stencils wouldn't hold there shape like I had hoped ( need to find a nice set of metal 1s ) Excuse the forsale sign . I have a shared drive and my neighbors place is for sale. Still have the power wire to run and install the tag light. The trailer connector next to the switch is for a remote cable for the ramps incase your hauling a load that the ramps can't come all the way up , You gan jog them in place but not hit what your hauling with the ramps if that makes any sence.

Attachments