• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M270 / LB20 Trailer Mods

R Racing

I talked to 3 different tire places and got 3 different answers today, LOL . Just my luck ! I got your answer. Another said they make them but they are special order. and the third said the 22.5s bolt right on ?? I'm so confused !! LOL aua

Bighurt

It would make sense that a 22.5 demountable would bolt right on I just couldn't find any evidence to that point.

The reason I say makes sense, is that 22.5" wasn't always a popular size. When it hit home many manufactures probably offered a new style rim to let older trucks use the new size without changing the centers. After all its a simple change in the design.

You need to talk to older techs as the new guys aren't going to know anything about Dayton wheels they just aren't around much anymore.

R Racing

Thanks for your insite Jeremy .I just found this on a old Mac site.

I asked a similar question a while back and know this much:

20 inch dayton hubs take 20 inch tube type or 22.5 Tubeless wheels

22 inch dayton hubs take 22 inch tube type or 24.5 tubeless wheels

24 inch hubs take 24 tube type only, there isnt a tubeless 24 inch.

The wheel mounting for daytons havent changed for a very long time so new 22.5 rims should fit.

Bighurt

I found the same info but couldn't find a source of tubeless 22.5 wheels.

I haven't a clue I just went to their website it didn't spec the height.

R Racing

the reason we didn't go folding was because we were planning to use a spring assist to help balance the ramp and when you start to unfold them the spring cant help on the ranp thats farthest out and your dead lifting that part, also would have had to build even a heavier ramp without the bridge work to suppoert the hindge assy . now that we are going hydraulic we could have . the ramp sticks up when in position about 9 feet so its not crazy tall. lol

Danger Ranger

Stupid question: Are you going to use three ramps or the normal two? I know guys with antique tractors and stuff like the third ramp for narrow fronts...so it all depends on what you are hauling...

R Racing

We went with 2 ramps and a light weight removable center . But honestly I dought I will use the center for my uses. The enerpac is installed and the ramps are now push button up and down hydraulic. Its set for painting the week after next 383 Rapco green.and possible a new wooden deck . For now the full upper deck is on hold . but I hope not for too terribly long. Here are some pictures of it today in the rain.

Attachments

R Racing

Just waiting for paint, lol Also checking into decking. Funds are tight so it may have to wait a bit. I need to wire a hot lead from the truck to charge the battery on the trailer and switch or cable for remote for the ramps yet. I may go stop by and check progress tomorrow. I still need to get the Army Decals and stars made up to dress it up some. LOL

powerhouseduece

Guess you shouldn't have bought that awesome lmtv trailer lol!! We just did the decking on my buddies trailer, want me to get the info on the planks? Got it fairly cheap

R Racing

Thanks Eldgenb It supose to get painted tomorrow to match the M920 . I'm anxious to use it . I still need to do a few odds and ends to it but its getting closer to being useable . I'll take some more pic's when its green :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks