• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

Caseymikl

Hello everyone this is my first post. I recently became the new owner of a 67 or 68 keiser jeep M35A2 deuce. Thing is amazing. I got it on trade. Only issue is that the injection pump is laying on the floor board and not under the hood all bolted up and timed like it should be. I am not a diesel mechanic, I know nothing about these pumps. The pump was said to be good. I'm seeking the knowledge of everyone here to help me out a little bit. How do I get this pump installed? And how do I time it? I wanna get it fired up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437186581.129879.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437186595.292958.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437186608.894329.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437186621.514556.jpg

Caseymikl

The truck is complete, I have some things in mind for it, I would love to swap out the stock tires for a set of the 395/85/20 michelins from 5 ton. Keeping it full size, no bobbing or cutting up here. Hard top will be pulled try to repair it, had rust and someone fixed it with fiberglass. Hood as well has fiberglass on the front edges. Will rebuild the wood benches and would like to put a soft top on it. Being in Florida it doesn't get cold. The truck eventually will get registered and driven on occasion.

Caseymikl

I need all new window frames as well as windows, and new side mirrors and brackets. As the windows are all cracked and the windshield frames are rusted. Mirrors are rusted and not connected correctly, all 4 glass pieces (windshield and side windows) are cracked. I know it will take some work and some money but it's okay, great project and the rest of the truck is all very solid. Will be off work early tomorrow so if I can figure out the pump and get it on and timed correctly, can try to fire it up and get old girl running. Gauges read 17k and was rebuilt by military in 1990. Std bore.

V8srfun

I have never installed a inj pump in a m35 but as a automotive technician by trade I am here to tell you it can not be that hard after all it is just nuts and bolts. I am also in fl and I am looking for a deuce so if you know of any for sale I would be interested to learn about them

tommys2patrick

Were the old lines capped or taped to prevent critters and debris from getting in to them? Not knowing how long the old pump was off. If not you may want to take them down and blow them/flush them out. Of course you have probably thought of that though. If you were not lucky enough to get manuals with the trade you could check on here for the correct ones. e versions are free and easy to get.

tommys2patrick

Not sure what your thoughts on the subject are, but that seems like a temporary fix at best to me. I presume it must have rusted completely through for someone to try this as a fix. Is the rest of the cab solid? door bottoms not rusted through? I am sure Florida is mighty rough on exposed metal parts. By the way, congrats on the save of the M35. Seems like they are getting harder to come by in any decent shape.

Caseymikl

Actually yes everything else is solid. Looks like rust poked through around the hood and the roof. The plan is to remove the roof all together. There's also rust in the window frames. Going to be replacing all of those. All the lights work and stuff. Very very solid. There's a rust hole in the driver fender, but it will be fixed with new metal. I've been looking for one. But haven't had the money to get one. And now I do have one. The amount of people that stare is nuts. Would like to fire it up and hear her run.

Caseymikl

I believe the rust was there and whoever owned it didn't know how to replace it with metal or didn't want to so they fiberglassed it. All of that will be getting removed and fixed

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Download all the manuals from the 'deuce sticky section', esp. the manuals on the engine (troubleshooting guide). Having the IP pulled off is a very bad thing, somewhat equivalent to dropping the pan, lowering the crankshaft, turning it and then pushing it back up randomly on a gas engine. It may be cheaper to buy another engine and swap it in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Having the IP pulled off is a very bad thing, somewhat equivalent to dropping the pan, lowering the crankshaft, turning it and then pushing it back up randomly on a gas engine. It may be cheaper to buy another engine and swap it in.
I'll agree its not good, but really all he has to do is pull the rest of the old one off, set the motor to tdc, turn the new IP to the right mark, and install it.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If time permits and $$ resource are available, I'd pull the 6 injectors and have the cleaned , tested and set. Take your time
,keep it all clean, and maybe your truck will be running soon.
JC

Caseymikl

Most likely will be pulling the injectors and having them serviced. To set the injection pump timing the motor needs to be at TDC. Then how does the injection pump get lined up? What is still on the motor from the old pump? I assume that piece that's barely bolted on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks