• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

Caseymikl

Used the gun to measure temp. Gauge is in fact extremely wrong! Block got up to 180. Top hose got up to about 150 or so and bottom hose was at 100. That was just sitting idling no load, not moving. Ran for probably 25 minutes or so.

Caseymikl

180 at radiator or block?

Also put 10 gallons of fuel in it on top of what ever was in there. Gauge started to work and showed 1/4 tank and then it went back to full. Assuming I have a loose wire or bad ground somewhere.

rustystud

180 at radiator or block?

Also put 10 gallons of fuel in it on top of what ever was in there. Gauge started to work and showed 1/4 tank and then it went back to full. Assuming I have a loose wire or bad ground somewhere.
The sender units in all these old trucks are pretty much toast. I ran new wires, installed a new gauge and a new sender unit. Now it is reading correctly.