• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

Caseymikl

When I get off I'm gonna go home and read over the manuals, and then try to tackle it and get the pump on. It gets fuel out of the lines, flipped main power on and fuel came shooting out from under the truck. Guess that's at least a good thing. Wish the pump wasn't just sitting on the floor board. Hope all works out well and the pump is in fact good. I have a family friend that's a diesel mechanic, gonna have him come and look over it. He's worked on plenty of deuces and knows about them some. I did crawl under it too, and noticed one of the air tanks have a self tapper with a rubber washer on it so I will need a new tank.

Caseymikl

Just looked through the manual for trouble shooting and it says about the marks and such. Being on my phone, and away from the truck, I'm kinda lost. Will probably understand better when I'm Infront of the truck and looking for and at said markings.

Caseymikl

Took the covers off the injection pump, the pump itself is timed correctly. Now gonna pull valve cover and spin motor over to TDC and install pump. Printed out the manual and it helps alot

WVFDTX

Yeah, being able to ref. a full size page is handy. Best of luck getting it installed. Hopefully all goes well & that's all you need to get it running :driver:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do I set the motor to TDC? With the cover off the rocker is pushed down looks like exhaust stroke of the second piston from the front
The number one cylinder valves would be closed, the bolt to turn the motor over is 1 1/2"

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the parts of the old pump off. Now trying to figure out the timing marks. The gear on the end of the new injection pump has no markings or anything.
No marks on gear, you use that to set the pump to the timing of the motor. Use the time mark on the HD head and the mark on the top of the pump under the little cover plate with the four bolts.

Caseymikl

No marks on gear, you use that to set the pump to the timing of the motor. Use the time mark on the HD head and the mark on the top of the pump under the little cover plate with the four bolts.
I set timing in the pump and timing for the pump is correct. Now I'm doing the motor, the marks are almost lined up with the pin. I spun the fan over and pushed on the belt.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to look for the timing mark on the Harmonic Balancer and pointer on the front of the motor, The pointer needs to be on the mark and cylinder one valves needs to be closed.
Remember you may have to turn it over 360 degrees to get and that line up. You can have it 180 out if you do not check the valves.

Caseymikl

You need to look for the timing mark on the Harmonic Balancer and pointer on the front of the motor, The pointer needs to be on the mark and cylinder one valves needs to be closed.
Remember you may have to turn it over 360 degrees to get and that line up. You can have it 180 out if you do not check the valves.
That's what I'm checking now. Gonna spin it over 360 and check

Caseymikl

Got it all timed and putting the pump on. What bolts and nuts and studs hold the ip on the block? Currently have 2 long studs going into the pump and through the motor to the front plate. Then 2 studs sticking out with 2 nuts to the pump and 1 stud sticking out the front to the plate

Caseymikl

Pump is on, had to install it from the bottom and pulled the lines off and cleaned them out. Made sure I labeled the lines before taking them off. Timing mark on the motor is dead on, as well as the ip is lined up and dead on. Taking a trip to the hardware store in the morning to get the rest of the bolts and nuts that I need. Will get everything buttoned up and then going through the diagram to make sure everything is hooked up correctly hose wise and see if she fires over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks