• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance.. Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have mine through Hagerty, must be garaged, but now I heard someone who called them for their deuce and they said they do not insure MV's. Go figure!

hilber

My agent with auto owners bound mine and we'll see what happens in 30 days. I will be upset if they cancel at end of binder because with 4 homeowner/fire policies, auto, business, General Liability and maybe more I feel as if I own part of the company with the premiums I pay annually.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Farm didn't bat an eye, gave a good rate and were not freaked out by VIN that was different from the norm. The agent told me that an underwriter called about a picture so he knew what was being insured. They sent him a picture of a M35 and he was OK.

BDC1

State Farm didn't bat an eye, gave a good rate and were not freaked out by VIN that was different from the norm. The agent told me that an underwriter called about a picture so he knew what was being insured. They sent him a picture of a M35 and he was OK.

Is yours bobbed or a tandem axle? State farm won't insure the 5 ton I am trying to buy because of the tandem axles.

Big Ron

Insured my 1980 M35A2C through Nationwide. No limitations or restrictions at all. 50/100 full coverage crash, theft, etc. $548 per year. And I am 26 and have had a few points on my record.

When I talked to my broker, I was told that Auto Ins. differs from state to state, and that is why we will all have different quotes.

BDC1

mine is a tandem, don't know if the weight difference matters. You might check with a different agent.

My state farm agent actually went out and looked at the truck and told me there is nothing we can offer you for that. We won't touch anything with a tandem axle. What is yours insured as?

BDC1

My state farm agent actually went out and looked at the truck and told me there is nothing we can offer you for that. We won't touch anything with a tandem axle. What is yours insured as?

GUNNERMAC where did you go? What kind of policy did state farm give you? If I can't get insurance through someone, why buy the truck?

martinwcox

I hope to pick my Deuce up on Saturday, I have my RMV-1 with Insurance stamp from Encompass and Antique plate application, truck is currently registered Antique in MA. Will be at the RMV tomorrow filing the paper work and getting plates God willing.

My insurance agent seems very knowledgeable about these things.

Call John Doherty, Wilmington Insurance Agency, Inc. 978 658 3805

Regards,

Martin.

Last edited:

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is insured as a truck, they asked the weight and as I stated, the underwriter asked for a picture. Perhaps you should talk to another agent or maybe different states have different rules.

scopionf89

The best way to get a duec insured with USAA is to tell them to get you the number to their general agency. Once you'r on the phone with the genaral agency rep tell them you want to use your duec as a pick up truck. Then tell them to hook you
up with progressive and do a comershal for personal use policy. I was paying 350 for liablity + theft and fire protection in GA. Once I moved to WA my rate changed to 500 a year. That still has the fire and thef protection but I changed it to 100,000 in combined liablity covarage. I figure if I am going to have an axadent then it will most likly be in a parking lot thats why I have the covrage that I got.

Don't go strait to progressive you have to go threw usaa first. Progressive has some kind of specal deal with USAA to insure these trucks. I had progresive threnten me with cansling my policy untill they did some diging and found out that because i went threw usaa they were not going to cansle my poilcy. Like I said specal deal.

One other thing the colector insurance is fine if all you want to do with your duce is look at it and drive it in parades. The first time you try to hall trash of fire wood or do any thing else that a duec is wonderfull for doing and you might find your
insurance cansled.

Last edited:

Titanium Soldier

I too went through USAA, they told me no and sent me through progressive.. problem is they want 1200 a year, liability only, not even under-insured motorist on the policy, i have a spotless record and in CA at the moment... yes im only 25 but ****, i pay less for a fully covered 2500HD!! State farm quoted me at 600/yr so im currently having their underwriters making up some policy

ApopkaFL

Banned

That agent is wrong have them look up policy number 176 8067-B23 17 Its a commercial policy 215 every 6 months Its listed as a hummer they very well know its a Deuce, They took pictures.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks