• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance.. Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDC1

It is either my state farm agent or Colorado rules. Hagerty offered me a policy with a 3500 mile a year limit where the vehicle must be kept inside unless driven and I can't even haul gravel in it legally. That's not insurance I'm interested in.

scopionf89

Post your brokers info

Insured my 1980 M35A2C through Nationwide. No limitations or restrictions at all. 50/100 full coverage crash, theft, etc. $548 per year. And I am 26 and have had a few points on my record.

When I talked to my broker, I was told that Auto Ins. differs from state to state, and that is why we will all have different quotes.
That may be true that diferent states have diferent rules but with a company that writes policys in all 50 states such as Nationwide they should be able to insure a m35a2 in any state unless they cant insure any thing in a certain state. Befor I went and put my deposit down on my m35a2 I called lots of insurance agents and sent lots of photos and some of progressive's agents could insure a duce and some could not. I had a agent in GA that gave me a qoute on a m35 befor I bought my'en. I wish i could rember who it was if I could i would post their info hear.

On that same note if you get a notes in the mail saying they are cansling your policy talk to the borker or agent you got your policy threw. Divishions some times don't talke to eachother expshaly at progressive. Progresice certanily scared the poop out of me this way.

andytk5

Just got my plates/registration and insured it at the DMV yesterday on the phone with USAA (for the day) at $585.00 every 6mos for comp/collision. Now swapping to another ins company for a lower rate.

Tried travelers and many others but living in florida, not having a garage for it is a pain. Now have Gulfway (travelers) but they wont do just liability (per travelers policy). Much less than USAA, by nearly 75%.

Acripledbadger

Hey guys I'm new to this thread and I am in such a deep ditch..... Someone please help me, I am a 17year old and I pretty much purchased a 1971 American motors m35a2 and I am having a huge problem with insurance and I'm getting my license in 27 days.... What can I do because I need the truck as a work truck...non garage kept, drive daily, and be able to put things in the bed.... What can I do....I have tried haggerty,state farm,geico...(story of my life) sorry for the long first post.

countryboy5487

State Farm didn't bat an eye, gave a good rate and were not freaked out by VIN that was different from the norm. The agent told me that an underwriter called about a picture so he knew what was being insured. They sent him a picture of a M35 and he was OK.
i have a 04 jeep, a 1970 international single axle tractor, and 1966 f100 thru state farm and have been with them sence i was 16 (only 25 now but still) they insured my first deuce no problim about 5 years ago. now they are pulling the tandem axle card on me too.... im like huh? you did once before why not now? i live in wv and its hard to find anyone who will insure it with out it being for business use. aua

scopionf89

Hey guys I'm new to this thread and I am in such a deep ditch..... Someone please help me, I am a 17year old and I pretty much purchased a 1971 American motors m35a2 and I am having a huge problem with insurance and I'm getting my license in 27 days.... What can I do because I need the truck as a work truck...non garage kept, drive daily, and be able to put things in the bed.... What can I do....I have tried haggerty,state farm,geico...(story of my life) sorry for the long first post.
The best thing to do is get hooked up with usaa. If your dad or grandpa served in the military you might qulafy. Once you are in with usaa then get a hold of their general agency they will then hook you up with progresive who will then insure your truck on a comercial for personal use policy. As long as you dont use your truck for making money you can drive it as many miles as you like. Their is one other thing your going to need a secked car. They won't insure your duec unless you have another car that is your "daly driver". My advice is that you go by some randum car that barrly runs for 250-500 bucks then get it registerd and get in insured threw usaa and then getting your duec insured will be no problem.

If you dad or grandpa did not serve then you might have to get into the national gard. You should be able to sine up at the age of 17 if you get your parents permission. Once you have sined on the doted line then you can proceed with what I all ready posted. Other wize you might have to eather use your deuce as a lawn ordment or consider moving to Idaho. My brother has his truck insured threw a company that only insures vehicals that spend most of their time in Idaho. They give a better rate than progressive threw usaa but sence I am curently active duty they wont touch me.

SSG Gibb

No accidents or reported fender-benders in over 5years 30 years young SSG with 12years IN the service. I've been with state farm since 17. Have 5 vehicles, home owners policy, and when I told them I wanted to insure my 71 M35a2 told the lady I was putting antique plates on it they said NO. WHAT GIVES!!? I think it's about time I look into another company Like USAA. any Suggestions From PA or other Similar "free states" ?? Thanks

Tlauden

No accidents or reported fender-benders in over 5years 30 years young SSG with 12years IN the service. I've been with state farm since 17. Have 5 vehicles, home owners policy, and when I told them I wanted to insure my 71 M35a2 told the lady I was putting antique plates on it they said NO. WHAT GIVES!!? I think it's about time I look into another company Like USAA. any Suggestions From PA or other Similar "free states" ?? Thanks
Im in PA, Harrisburg area (halifax to be exact) and i have my deuce insured through state farm. I have regular plates/normal policy. Although if i recall she offered me some kind of "antique" policy when i showed her details/pics of the truck.

My policy is about $25 a month, give or take, and ive never had any troubles, even got pulled over once in the deuce and everything checked out ok with the police.

If you want, PM me and i can give you my policy number, maybe then your agent can look it up and see how my agent went about getting me the insurance. Or PM me your phone number and Ill pass it along to my agent and maybe you could work with her directly.

SSG Gibb

Tlauden Still haven't heard back from you yet, But to everyone else who posted on here I appreciate your thoughts and comments they have been a BIG HELP. I got a Quote for Hagerty for $225 A year with full roadside assistance for ALL THE VEHICALS IN MY HOUSEHOLD, and no driving restrictions. That's going to be hard to top! ;-) I wil keep looking anyway though so any other suggestions keep them coming.

I posted in the other thread the HUGE headaches i had with State Farm Commercial. I was insured, with historic plates, and unlimited driving and towing a trailer though. The just wrote the policy in the wrong state and i spent 3 weeks fighting a $1300 fine. They are awful. I switched to Geico. USAA will not insure commercial vehicles, they do it through progressive who told me on 3 occassions they will not insure a military vehicle, though other members mentioned in their area they would. Geico will insure it, gulfway will but i believe it's restricted and so is Hagerty (must be garage kept). My policy is through geico but its written through national indemnity.

turbinetoyz

I just insured my M35, M37, M43, and M109 box van all through http://www.americancollectors.com/ for a total of $274 per year for all four vehicles. I have three of them in a garage and one in the driveway. I found this company on page one (1) of this post that was posted in 2007. It was the first company that I talked to where the agent put the military designations into their computer and they had pictures, weight class, dimensions, etc. in front of them. Every other company I called I had to try and explain what a military truck was and why I owned one.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone, please read the insurance stickies.

We are not allowing anymore open insurance discussions.

Closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks