• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 adding reverse lights

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a runflat insert to me. I think they can double as beadlock inserts too? That's beyond my knowledge.

M35A3 beadlock inserts look like this and weigh about 40 lbs:

View attachment 895728
I would recommend using the A3 beadlock inserts like HDN has pictured. The A3 wheels and beadlocks are designed to be used with each other. They are very easy to remove, and installation is easy with a ratchet strap.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC the M35A3 wheel is 11” wide vs 10” wide wheels for the FMTV or most other super singles. If so, yes you would want to run A3 specific inserts, whether is be run-flat bead-locks, or just bead-locks.

Balalala

IIRC the M35A3 wheel is 11” wide vs 10” wide wheels for the FMTV or most other super singles. If so, yes you would want to run A3 specific inserts, whether is be run-flat bead-locks, or just bead-locks.
Ok. So I should be able to reuse these metal run flats on the new rubber?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is this thick metal ring?
That is a run-flat. Is that what your old tires on your A3 had in it? If so you need to make sure the rubber bead-lock spacers are the correct thickness for the 11” wide wheels. The two halves of your wheels will actually compress these some when tightening the nuts. Also be aware not to air down the CTIS to the point of the inside of you tire makes contact with the run-flat or you risk ruining your new tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks