• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 air problem???

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Hey,Hopefully someone can help out.My a3 wont build up air sometimes and it seems to be coming out of the ctis air valve under the bed.you can start it some times and it builds air right up and sometimes it doesnt.The ctis controller above the steering wheel doesnt come on and the screen has something on it sometimes but it isnt readable.When I picked the truck it had a flat tire,I aired it up enough to get going and it seemed to air itself upgoing down the road,All the tires have been holding air.Any help would be appreciated.thanks, john

jeep-Jeep

are you sure it is the ctis valve and not the air drier .
a bad drier will make the compressor shut down and not produce air .
It happened to me at a air show this weekend .
a new drier fixed the problem

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am new to thae a3s,I just glanced at it ,it could be the air drier.I forgot these trucks have air driers.

AceHigh

My money is on the dryer also. In addition for trouble shooting purposes turn off the air assist steering valve on the firewall, just to make sure it is not the problem. The air assist vents into the air intake I think, and air escaping can do it quietly.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
i can get one from my local commercial truck parts guy.It sounds like the air drier,It puzzles me because it works fine one then it wont build up air the next day.

R Racing

Yes try to remove the connector from the back of the CTIS up on the steering wheel and see if it still does it. If it does than its your dryer.If not than I would say its your CTIS. I'm thinking dryer as well from what it sounds like.

sierra117

I believe the valve on the air dryer that releases the moisture from air system is getting stuck open try pushing it in when it leaks. I have had this issue with air dryers driving semis. But keep in mind it might be a temporary fix though. You may need to rebuild or replace the air dryer

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Also when I turn off the ignition switch it lets out a large release of air,Are they supposed to do that?

R Racing

When the CTIS is pumping up the tires it lets out a big blast andf makes a noise of what sounds like a sick cow lol then it stops for a few min and does it again until all you tires are pumped up . It cycles on when the air pressure is over 90 but can drop to near 60 during the cycle.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I guess I am gonig to work on it after work tommorow,Ive been busy painting,now its time to do some wrenching.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks