• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2's at work!!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the middle of restoring my M52. Please post as many pics as you can. I'd like to see as many angles as possable so i can put it back the way it's sopposed to be. Thanks!!

Cdub

Great pic...........Thanks for posting them........

I would just go nuts if I could find a tool box like the one on the M52.

Please, anyone know where I can get one.

Thanks,

C'dub

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The 818's use them too. Call around to some salvage yards and see if someone will cut one off a residue truck for you.

Cdub

Funny thing Chris.....yours was the first truck I noticed with it and it gave me the idea of mounting one where my spare would go since I have the spare in the ISO bed......it would make a great spot for a tool box......

I just happened to be looking now for something else in the parts manual and saw that the M939's have the same or similar that I could use.........

I'll defently start doing some calling around now that I know what I'm looking for.

Cheers,

C'dub

vtdeucedriver

kcimb said:
redass73 said:
what is with the yellow stipe on the hoods .. i like it
So Commanders could identify vehicles from the air.
Yep, the yellow nose was on all 8th Trans GP. The 8th operated in the Highlands. In mid 68, an order came down from 8th Gp Command, I believe it was Col. Joe Bellino who ordered all his trucks have there noses painted yellow. They were having a hard time keeping an eye on their drivers from the air. The reason was so they could quickly spot 8th GP trucks when trouble or diciplin was needed ( Drivers were often given tickets for speeding or "pushing" up the hills.)

So in short, ALL 8th GP trucks had there noses yellow. Not just Gun Trucks.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VTdriver, I haven't decided how it's going to be painted yet. I installed a new cab and engine along with new wiring. I have a M127 to go with it so if you have any pics with a 127 in tow that would be greatly appreaceted! Thanks again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks