• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M553 10ton GOER Update

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
come with the hair? hahah a jk.c theres a cpl of us PNW guys that want to do a cross country trip one of these years to a east oast rally
The 2011 GA. RALLY at the end of Oct. is the ONLY FUN rally on the east coast to attend that would make a cross country trip worth it.

AMGeneral

Yesterday about 13 of us met at the VFW for breakfast as usual then went to the compound to do GOER stuff.:beer:

Troy and Tony did GOER stuff while the rest of us BSed...er provided moral support.
They got all the linkage, lines, and hoses connected and we were ready to fire the beast up when I realized.."Hey...do we have enough hydro oil"??:lol:

The answer was no.
Major decision time here folks...do we drive about 1.5 miles and get hydro oil...or do we convoy to lunch, then to Fort Benning and gawk at the tanks and vehicles brought in from Fort Knox??:drool:

The road trip was fun..but not one of us took a camera..sorry:-(
Hmmm,I probably have about 40 gallons of Trans C-30 here in 5 gallon buckets,similar to what I sent with the GOER when PB picked it up.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Time Crunch

Hmmm,I probably have about 40 gallons of Trans C-30 here in 5 gallon buckets,similar to what I sent with the GOER when PB picked it up.
Sure wish I had it AMG.
The GOER must "GO" out of the shop before Thursday, under it's own power...or not:deadhorse: .

I think Troy has some coming today. CAMO works better under pressure so I guess it's on now.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...Troy fired the GOER up this evening...and she still wont "GO":(:(:(:(

He and Tony...and maybe some more help are gonna pull out the whole shootin match Saturday!! That's the trans, transfer, converter/housing and go thru it again.

I told them we will give her one more chance...then she's gotta go... (No pun intended).
If this don't work...she's outta here.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure it's not just all air bound? Those have a big nasty Cat auto in them right?

XanRa

:roll:if she dosnt go.... ill take her:mrgreen: ineed a new lawn ordament.... now getting it HERE would be the issue

best a luck-you better get that goer going:driver:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Has anybody done a pressure test, sorta sounds like a main charge pump, some of the cat set ups that I have worked on had a engine driven pump, while others had a trans driven pump. you need to find a pressure printout for the different test ports

jasonjc

From reading the "Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles". There were 3 contracts awarded to Caterpillar for these trucks. By adding all 3 together you get: 121 M553 Wreckers , 381 2,500gal tankers and 833 M520 cargo trucks, some of these had crane and were called M877's.
That only 1,335 trucks so where do you get 13,000 wreckers?

Also looking thought the above book I see some of them had a front winch a 10,000lbs Gar Wood?? The same one on a Deuce?? Seems way too small for that big of a truck.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

just a little sidebar, my company (233rd HET CO) was the main company who moved the armor school and museum from ft knox to ft benning :driver:
Were are they going at Benning (have not been on post since 1986 so will have to Google Earth/map).

Still moronic to put a bunch of DAT stuff at the Benning School for Boys and Misguided Youth (Home of the Infantry).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks