• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M553 10ton GOER Update

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ummmmm

So are you going to drive it to the GA rally this year? If so we going for SURE! hat is one BIG truck.
Ummm...let's see...max speed 35mph...while bouncing like a basketball X 162 miles...X maybe 2-3MPG diesel....er...no.

Will she be there (hauled)?? Ummm...I'm as nervous as a ho in church...I hope so:grd:

sandcobra164

I'm game to drive it just as long as it's hauled the first 160 miles or so there and I can get a little familiarization time in it. Then that leaves the task of getting The Proud there as well as my NOS USMC M1028. Oh well, we've got a few months to plan!!!! Do we have a second Landoll to contribute to the cause??? Can't wait to see how it plays out and I can't wait for the Gun Truck Rally this go around. This hobby is gosh dang addictive but I love it. Congrats on getting the GOER GOING and a special thanks to Troy and Tony for their efforts. Good Job CAMO, keep up the fantastic work!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good Troop Status

I'm game to drive it just as long as it's hauled the first 160 miles or so there and I can get a little familiarization time in it. Then that leaves the task of getting The Proud there as well as my NOS USMC M1028. Oh well, we've got a few months to plan!!!! Do we have a second Landoll to contribute to the cause??? Can't wait to see how it plays out and I can't wait for the Gun Truck Rally this go around. This hobby is gosh dang addictive but I love it. Congrats on getting the GOER GOING and a special thanks to Troy and Tony for their efforts. Good Job CAMO, keep up the fantastic work!
Don't forget Joe...you were "adopted" by CAMO and given "Good Troop Status"[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Come up Saturday and watch the GOER...GO!!!:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Who knows

It's gotta be like driving a fast pan scraper.
I don't know Kenny...but I sure wanna find out:jumpin:
One of the fellers at the Guntruck Gathering drove the XM model GOER (cargo type) in Vietnam. he said they were awesome..would "go anywhere".:neutral:

I saw the tanker GOERS in Germany in maybe 1979(?)...they looked like a rough riding mofo to me on them tank trails:roll:

Heck...if this baby will just drive around the compound...I'll be a happy camper:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The only way to operate one of these at speed is to do it just like a scraper, that is to STIFF leg the left leg, either using a post or a Conner, ect, this makes you part of the machine and takes the bounce jar from the seat off the back. this is why old time dirt spread hands have a left leg a lot more muscle than the right one

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
35mph...while bouncing like a basketball
Papabear, I know you already know this, but I'll throw it out there anyway for those who don't-
From my limited experience with a friend's GOER some years ago, when it gets up to 'speed' and starts bouncing, it gets difficult to keep it going where you want it to with anything resembling precision. By that I mean you can keep it on the road, but it may take a lot of it. For that reason, I have never taken him up on his offer to take it to a parade or other event, I'm just too chicken to drive it there in traffic. :oops:

Cheers

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:evil:Troy said I'm not allowed to drive my OWN MV outta my OWN shop Saturday!!!:evil::evil: He wants to pull it out cause he's afraid I will knock the building down..got about 4 inches on each side of the roll up doors:D

If they don't have the brakes fixed, I'm gonna have the drivers place some wrecked POVs in the general direction I want to go...and hope i can knock that rascal into neutral before it hits the cars!!!:roll:

Ok...that's a lie...I want to drive that big rascal...OVER said cars...lol...but I won't:wink:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well it's Saturday. After breakfast at the VFW we all convoyed down to the hooch ready to rock and roll;-)

Troy and Tony began a few last minute tasks on the GOER...fluids, driveshaft etc while the rest of us powered up the fleet and took most of the trucks out to "stretch their legs".

Then the big moment came....lunchroflroflroflrofl

Seriously though...Uglyranger made a short video. watch this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBsC3HkXtQ[/media]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are going to need some bigger trails at Durhamtown. Congrats Brother Larry and the CAMO crew!

OEM1

5 ton

looking to find the air hose that goes next to drivers front wheel that big and where i can get a replacment thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks