• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813-A1 dump conversion. Will my idea work?

TheBuggyman

Getting closer, completed welding up the sub-frame and welded it to the hinges and the hoist. I tested the hoist to the fully open position and achieved a 61 degree dump angle.
I rigged the body for placement and placed it on the truck but could not get pics as it was dark. Tomorrow I will weld the body to the sub-frame and get some more pics.

Attachments

TheBuggyman

Alright, got the bed fully mounted and welded onto the subframe and tested the unit. Still have to hook up the wires and do some little things to bring the whole project to where I want it to be. Next stage will be to draw/design the removable dump body.

Attachments

TheBuggyman

Fully up at 61 degrees:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Impressive. :beer:

pa.rich

What a fantastic job you did on that. Especially the back of the chassis where you recessed those hinges into the chassis. Its probalbly stronger now than before. I wish I had your talent for heavy metal! And it all looks great ! Are you a professional welder?

TheBuggyman

pa.rich said:
Are you a professional welder?
No, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night.................... :lol:

Seriously, no. I'm just a hobbyist but in my line of work (steamfitter) we must be able to stick weld. All of the welding on this truck was MIG, which I actually prefer although each has its place.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really enjoyed reading this thread and looking at the pics. Fantastic work, Buggyman.

Tommy Frantz

This is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have an M925A2 that I'm trying to sell and was thinking of converting it to a dump to make it more marketable. What would be the value added to a 925 converted to dump? The truck already has a winch, pto and hydraulic system, so that infrastructure is in place. My truck is average; not a parade queen but its not junky either. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tommy
Salem, VA

5tonman1971

This is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have an M925A2 that I'm trying to sell and was thinking of converting it to a dump to make it more marketable. What would be the value added to a 925 converted to dump? The truck already has a winch, pto and hydraulic system, so that infrastructure is in place. My truck is average; not a parade queen but its not junky either. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tommy
Salem, VA

Wanna nab sell me your 925 as is

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks