• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Loadout

Matt1970M35A

I finley got around to removing the Ip today.
I found that someone else must of started to remove it. All the mounting bolts were snug but loose and one missing.(Explains the oil leak)
It was easy to remove and once off I started the disassembly were I found lite rust and a broke governor shaft drive dog. The metering shaft was froze up and sheared the drive dog.
This put the metering shaft in the full open position. It is controlled by the governor with overrides the throttle. So now I just need to find replacement parts clean it all up and try to remember were all the parts go.
2013-03-10 17.54.52.jpgThe T shaped piece is whats sheared off
2013-03-10 17.56.43.jpgWhat do you do with the left over parts.

Matt1970M35A

70 dollar fix. New seals bearings and metering shaft with drive dog. Even cranked up the AFC valve while it was out. Bolted it up and primed it for an hour and it started and idles Has plenty of power. It was easy to rebuild the pump and well worth knowing it has all new parts now. Just need to find a few odd ball parts and the truck will be complete.
2013-03-12 15.51.30.jpg Box of parts

Kalashnikov

I was under the impression that all injector pumps needed to be calibrated and tested after rebuilding? These pumps and be rebuilt on a bench?

I'm surprised there wasn't more scrutiny about towing a 5 ton with a deuce. A year and a half ago everyone would've been dead set against it. That's worse than towing a deuce with a 1 ton which use to get people goin.

Nice looking truck though and glad it went well.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear that you got her running. You gonna bring it to Haspin?

Matt1970M35A

Ive towed all kinds of heavy stuff and if you just take a little extra time it can be done safeley.
Yes it will be at Haspin this year. My dad will be driving it and il drive my little deuce that can.
Thanks for everyones help and input.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm surprised there wasn't more scrutiny about towing a 5 ton with a deuce. A year and a half ago everyone would've been dead set against it. That's worse than towing a deuce with a 1 ton which use to get people goin.
The second post posted that it was a bad idea. No worse than me towing my Deuce and loaded M105 home with my Dodge 1500 4x4 but it does have a Hemi.

Matt1970M35A

I got my rebuild kit from diesel injection service louisville ky Ph#(877) 361-2531 and ask for Jack.
They were very help full and will work with the diy ers or do it all for you.
As far as rebuilding a pt pump its easy and you don't have to put it on a test bench as long as you don't lose a shim or play with the AFC valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks