• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Crew Cab anyone?

castirondude

Slick !!
I would get the cdl anyway, you never know when it will come in handy. And it's not always easy to get, since you need a suitable truck, insurance, and driver to go with you.

mattwspeed

I used a set of 5ton front springs to hang to rear axle... rides really good considering the size of those springs!... I want to get my CDL just to have and would be easy with my parents having a truck driving school but as a FULL time single Dad with 2 kids its hard to find time! haha... im lucky these trucks even get built!..

castirondude

When I wanted to get my cdl it took a long time to find someone to help. The trucking schools wanted like 5 grand and a 3 week program. I had a full time job, I can't just take 3 weeks off! I eventually found an owner operator who let me use her truck on the weekends and for the driving test, I think I paid like $800 for her time to go with me for some 8-10 saturdays to practice.
Sounds like you need 2 people, one to go with you and one to watch the kids!
I want my wife to get her cdl, since we have all the required equipment now and just in case a need arises for her to drive. We have a son but he can just come with us.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used a set of 5ton front springs to hang to rear axle... rides really good considering the size of those springs!... I want to get my CDL just to have and would be easy with my parents having a truck driving school but as a FULL time single Dad with 2 kids its hard to find time! haha... im lucky these trucks even get built!..
Are you going to use it for commercial purposes? If not, just get the weight endorsement like I did. Just a matter of taking the written CDL test. No driving.

mattwspeed

Just using it to ride around in and take to car shows.. 2 this weekend! lol.... The weight limit and GVW has changed since its only 2 axles. I will get a book and study for the writen part.. just as a plus! There is a lot of fine lines to walk i think but its all in how you use the truck i think... no problems as of yet!

When I wanted to get my cdl it took a long time to find someone to help. The trucking schools wanted like 5 grand and a 3 week program. I had a full time job, I can't just take 3 weeks off! I eventually found an owner operator who let me use her truck on the weekends and for the driving test, I think I paid like $800 for her time to go with me for some 8-10 saturdays to practice.
Sounds like you need 2 people, one to go with you and one to watch the kids!
I want my wife to get her cdl, since we have all the required equipment now and just in case a need arises for her to drive. We have a son but he can just come with us.
It is tough, especially if you haven't done a lot of trailering of big things and need the extra experience.

There is a place in Ennis that for $300 gives you 2 hours to practice on their truck and lot, a full pre-trip inspection evaluation AND they bring the truck to the DL testing center for you. Kinda hard to pass up for that kind of rate.

Good luck!

castirondude

Speaking of bobbing, Some states like california allow up to 26k gvw on a regular license only if it is a 2-axle truck. I know in ca with a 3-axle truck anything over 6k gvw needs cdl.

tobyS

I've often wondered what an electric blower to give a slightly positive air pressure on the intake would do!

TacticalDoc

Off topic question for you guys (not trying to hijack.. just curious). When Bobbing the 5-ton... What does that do to hauling/weight capacity?
I would think getting rid of one axle would decrease the carry weight. and if you have lockers in the rear like I do you would lose traction. I'll never bob mine but a crew cab seems interesting

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks