• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 transmission fluid?

162tcat

We had to put 10 weight in them overseas because the ATF was too thin in the high temps. That’s the reason we changed them over there.
Nearly 9 years since the last post, you went deep down the rabbit hole my friend! Good info though, it makes sense. Probably very difficult for the military to spec a fluid that will work in Arctic and desert temps so there are definitely compromises that have to be made. I think the new synthetics do a great job and are likely far more adaptable to a wider range of conditions and should be a huge improvement over 10 weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post 5466

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nearly 9 years since the last post, you went deep down the rabbit hole my friend! Good info though, it makes sense. Probably very difficult for the military to spec a fluid that will work in Arctic and desert temps so there are definitely compromises that have to be made. I think the new synthetics do a great job and are likely far more adaptable to a wider range of conditions and should be a huge improvement over 10 weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, so what do you suggest I want to purge it out and put something more accessible in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks