• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 was Broke down, Montgomery AL

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can be there in the morning at 6. I texted robert but no answer yet. He has a place near there. Only member there i know is grimlock97 but he doesnt have an mv anymore

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
See if this helps. Go to the air dryer and take off the spin on filter. Reach in where the filter came off there will be a cardboard looking tube. Take this out and then screw the cartridge back on.
Drier is completely bypassed, compressor pumps straight into wet tank, still 30 psi

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mod. Remove the 911 from the title. Ill be heading that way shortly for a recovery.

Rmtaunton

He is safe and sound , still broken though but not on the side of the road . Looks like Wes is going to tow him home in the morning. Looks like it's the compressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Despite my best efforts, she isn’t running but Wes is coming to save the day. Thank you all kindly for the support, advise and moral support

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ive got him hooked up and shes getting drug home

Last edited:

74M35A2

That was very polite. Simp and I trade jabs, but in good spirit. He has touched every fastener on A1 series 923’s.

In this case, I would have pumped in air from an external source, such as a rental gasoline powered air compressor in the bed, or a 12v one running non-stop if the truck is relatively leak-free. Do as much slowing as possible via downshifting.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that's the kind of guy Wes is, he'd give another member the shirt off of his back without having to ask for it.

Definitely the guy I'd want by my side in a crisis/critical situation.

[thumbzup]

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That was very polite. Simp and I trade jabs, but in good spirit. He has touched every fastener on A1 series 923’s.

In this case, I would have pumped in air from an external source, such as a rental gasoline powered air compressor in the bed, or a 12v one running non-stop if the truck is relatively leak-free. Do as much slowing as possible via downshifting.
Gas powered compressors were more than i offered to come get him for. Plus air lines and fittings. Even a small 110 and a generator was even more at harbor freight .

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, Thank You for helping Elijah out!

I had the pleasure to meet him and his crew on the way to Port Arthur to help with Harvey. Karma has a way of working out......:clinto:

Jericho

Hey Simp send me your paypal to jetoneusaf@gmail.com id like to kick in a few bucks for your TOW SERVICE , I believe firmly in KARMA , serious , that could have been me so easily , experienced a "NO BUILD AIR "problem a few weeks ago Air dryer valve wouldn't seal, temp fixed it with a socket, pair of vice grips and some zip ties to get home seriously, please send it ANDY

Dock Rocker

Hey Simp send me your paypal to jetoneusaf@gmail.com id like to kick in a few bucks for your TOW SERVICE , I believe firmly in KARMA , serious , that could have been me so easily , experienced a "NO BUILD AIR "problem a few weeks ago Air dryer valve wouldn't seal, temp fixed it with a socket, pair of vice grips and some zip ties to get home seriously, please send it ANDY

Post up a PayPal address or shoot it to me in a PM. I want to contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Eli took care of me on my fuel costs guys. Was only 5.5hrs down. 2.5hrs to get him home and now i am headed home.

If you want to donate to the cause thats much appreciated. My paypal is simpson.wes.1985@gmail.com

Been a long day too. I appreciate it guys. I know alot of you would and will do the same thing to help a fellow ss member.

Wes.

Csm Davis

And that's the kind of guy Wes is, he'd give another member the shirt off of his back without having to ask for it.

Definitely the guy I'd want by my side in a crisis/critical situation.

[thumbzup]
Easy now his head might not fit in his truck any more. Naw Wes is A1, dang Energizer bunny, good show Simp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Y’all are an awesome family of fellow truck men, and always a good laugh reading through the posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks