• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 a1 armored crew cab

OldDuke6

Probably going to paint it woodland camouflage since I live in Wisconsin because desert tan don't blend so well. Was also thinking charcoal but probably not.
I completely understand. And To be brutally honest.. Am totally jealous. I wish I had the shop and $ and the truck to do what you are doing. Just for the heck of it. And besides.. Who is gonna argue with you when you double park? I mean.. Just lock the doors and laugh maniacally, in their face..

At least thats what I would do.. But God help them they scratch the paint..!!!!

ROCKWELL-C60

Went to Filtz tire in Marshfield wi today and picked up all of the parts needed for m931 conversion. They have about dozen 939s there parting out, cargos, tractors, wreckers, and couple bigger am generals. Said there waiting for scrape price to go up before cutting them up. Also some are nice winch trucks and there's even one with level wind. So if anybody needs something before they cut them up. There pretty nice trucks with good doors.

ROCKWELL-C60

So lately I've stretched the wheel base 19 inches and mounted the spare tire rack. Also drilled all holes for 5th wheel and ramps then I put rear tractor crossmember in. Now I'm mounting intake and 5" straight exhaust.

ROCKWELL-C60

20170329_181640.jpg20170329_175555.jpg 1600s mounted, got little over a inch between tires. I don't think it be a problem but l do have 2 bridge truck torque rods that are longer I could put on rear axle to gain a little more clearance. Just need to find a third.

ROCKWELL-C60

Then I widened the spare tire mount for the 16.00s and added airlines for fifth wheel. 20170926_183732.jpg. Also mocked up side window from humvee , there removable and will hang on inside of back of cab when not installed.20170926_183834.jpg .

Jericho

Don't want to slow down progress have been watching both your builds. Got to ask a couple of questions. With the additional weight of the cab on the new tractor and the sweet but heavy box van. Are you feeling good about the hp in the engine I have an M931a2. Am following your lead although a little different approach. I am putting s sleeper / seats. Box behind my standard cab. No side doors. Just a full size rv door. Kept it light compared to the steel you used. And I am building a camper in my M 750 expandable van. Iam fabbing steel framed sheeted panels to replace the fabric sides. Opens out to roughly 14.5 have s floor plan. But am already a little skeptical of torque / HP factor when it's done from the Cummings I have sourced full size residential appliances and have a king bed. Full kitchen shower etc. weight capacity on the load isn't an issue. But am afraid the power level is going to be a little low. Met a fellow from Canada at the Weare rally . Same set up you have. But standard M 931 A2. He was feeling the same and had recently decide to get An M916 Are you going to bump your power on the Cummings ? If so how and how high. Your projects are looking great !!! Keep the pictures coming

ROCKWELL-C60

Well I drive concrete pumps for a living and the old pump I drove weighed 106000 lbs at 300hp. The truck l drive now is 146000 lbs 425hp. So I'm quite use to slow and yes the 8.3 in my m931a2 is a dog when loaded with my m146 camper. That's why l went with an 855 Cummins in this build, it'll still be slow but you can't beat the low end grunt of those 855 ci. Plus l already scoured 350.hp big cam to swap later. The 350hp pulled a 80000 lb concrete pump no problem and will fit in an a1 easy.

Jericho

Thanks for your time and enlightening points, Ill continue to follow your builds . Yes! I dream of a 550 hp ISL , imagine the cruise mode, top speed doesn't bother me, It will still do an easy 60 / 65 when you get it wound up , but on those long hill pulls in the White mountains its a bit of a "Humm, Hurry up buddy , a Yugo just passed us. South bound is a snap all the way to florida, Coming back this way the last leg is ALL UP HILL lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks