• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 with shorter drop side deuce bed

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Helped my buddy recover his xm813 from IA yesterday. Put 620 miles on the M93xa1 in one day. It performed perfectly. I'm very pleased. We didn't need the tow bar setup since his truck ran great. No issues on the recovery. He'll post up later. It was a very long day starting for me at 215am and finishing up at home at 915pm. Awesome day.
Congratz on the successful and uneventful recovery :grin:

When your buddy posts up his recovery thread, please be sur to provide a link here so that those of us with interest won't lose track of it.... THANKS.

:popcorn:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The young warrior giving the old soldier a hand getting home:driver:. Mission accomplished and a job well done[thumbzup]. The trucks look great together...nice 813!!

rrrr

His 813 runs incredibly well. Just needs some cosmetic work and it will be awesome. We switched trucks for a while and I couldn't believe how much smoother riding his 813 was. I think the singled tire setup makes for a more harsh ride because of the sidewall strength of the tires. When I put 395's on my deuce the ride also got more harsh.

No, I didn't have them pumped way up either, just 55psi. :wink:

rrrr

Took the M932A1, aka now known as the "TRUCTOR", out to the Buchannon mudfest in Robertsville, Mo. Didn't go through any of the big mud pits. Spent the day pulling people out though. It was funny. Everyone wanted to help me get pulled out using there stuck trucks motor. I said no help needed and would just pull them out without giving it any gas and using normal range. I even pulled out one of the big monster mudders. No one else could get him out. I pulled him so hard I pulled the rear tire off the bead and almost off the rim. A huge crowd was watching, screaming and laughing. My truck didn't even work at it. I was laughing so hard I forgot to try and get a picture from the cab.

Here's a pic of my buddies XM813 with 16's on it pulling out a guy.

Attachments

rrrr

The "TRUCTOR" gets some new lights ! Well I found a fair price on some LED headlights, rear lights, and front lights. I had to get a new flasher control box from Erick's since my box would not activate with both front and rear LED lights. I also put on a converter cable so the front turn lights are on with the headlights. Erick's also has the cable. I like the look. I just need to take it out at night and re-aim the headlights.

Attachments

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the M939 series it is very easy to make the front marker light come on at the same time as a civy truck with out having to spend big bucks on that cable convertor. All you need is "Y" the front side clearance light to the front marker light and abandon the original feed and Volia; you have full time marker light with clearance lights on.

All it takes is military wiring "y" s.

Nice Truck

rrrr

I thought about doing that but wasn't sure if there would be an impact on the turn signal function. Oh well. I know now !

rrrr

These are commercial brakets and flaps. No fab work just drill two holes and install. I got the ones that allow the most rearward mud flap mount.

Attachments

rrrr

Well did some more work on the tructor. I installed a HMMWV seat, much more comfortable, and marker lights. Tractors don't have them so I thought they would be a nice add on. LED lights of course !
I fab'ed up the brackets for the markers and an adapter plate to mount the seat to the stock spring seat. I thought
it would be easier than try to refit the HMMWV spring base. I also put on one of the new steering wheels. Very nice they are rubber like coated so they don't transfer heat/cold.

Attachments

trukhead

Awesome Truck! That is what I would do with a tractor if I did not have my A3. Now you need a 5 ton flatbed trailer to pull around.:-D

rrrr

Awesome Truck! That is what I would do with a tractor if I did not have my A3. Now you need a 5 ton flatbed trailer to pull around.:-D
Thanks. I am thinking about a trailer, can't decide. I need something over 25 feet of bed to get some other MV's on.

rrrr

Well someone got into my truck while at the store recently. Didn't notice that my locking handle didn't work any more. They applied so much pressure on the handle that it broke the locking cog inside the mechanism. Luckily I put the chain around the steering wheel as added protection. I finally found replacement handles on ebay after looking at all the normal places locally. Only a slight modification required to the mounting bracket and a shortening of the square actuation rod that goes into the door. Although it won't keep those truely interested in getting in out; it will keep most out.

These are garage door replacement handles with locks. They work great.

Attachments