• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Military Vehicle Campout

nositri

I'm excited to see so many people in the Maryland Area into this hobby. I'm trying to get into myself and looking for a Deuce. I'm up here in Cecil County, I'd love to see the Deuces at the dragstrip. It's usually anything goes up there, but I've never seen anything heavier than 1 ton trucks run.

rideni

remember no drinking except in motor homes...
or you know just coca cola.
just don't let anyone get out of hand
I'm sure DNR will be watching us thinking a militia group invaded

powerhouseduece

remember no drinking except in motor homes...
or you know just coca cola.
just don't let anyone get out of hand
I'm sure DNR will be watching us thinking a militia group invaded

OK.. so we can't take firewood and we cant drink. Ill be drinking in my GP small even if its not a motorhome! Stupid DNR commies!

SO WHATS THE POINT AGAIN?

rideni

wtf what do you mean no fire wood.
I was gonna cut down a bunch of pallets as fire wood
this ****ing sucks
almost worth canceling and just having a campout in my friends back yard. At least we can drink what we want, burn anything we want and shoot

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
this is seriously wrong
no fire
no booze
WTF do you do while camping?
Hold hand, sing hymns, drink cranberry juice, pee a lot and talk about saving the earth by cutting the thermostat in your house back 3 degrees. Maybe read comic books by the campfire. Oh that is right, no campfire. maybe someone can bring one of those fake fireplaces with the light that heats a shade and it turns making it look like flames. :?::?::?::?:

powerhouseduece

SWIMMING INFORMATION SWIMMING: THE WATERFRONT AREA ON THE NORTHEAST RIVER OFFERS UNGUARDED SUMMER WATER FUN. THERE IS A BATHHOUSE WITH CHANGING ROOMS AND TOILET FACILITIES. ALL SWIMMING IN THE PARK IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTICE ELK NECK STATE PARK BEACH HOURS ARE 9 AM TO SUNSET. BEACH AREA WILL BE OPENED THROUGH THE SECOND WEEKEND OF OCTOBER. QUIET HOURS QUIET TIME WILL BE MAINTAINED IN THE CAMPGROUND FROM 11 P.M. TO 7 A.M. NO PETS ALLOWED ALL VEHICLES ON PAVEMENT YOU MUST KEEP ALL CAMPING EQUIPMENT ON DESIGNATED CAMPING PAD. TWO VEHICLES PER SITE ONLY 2 VEHICLES PERMITTED PER SITE. A BOAT IS CONSIDERED A VEHICLE. ALL SITES HAVE VERY LIMITED PARKING. THE 2 VEHICLES LIMIT IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. ROADWAYS IN THIS LOOP ARE VERY NARROW. NOT ALL SITES ACCOMMODATES 2 VEHICLES. OVERFLOW PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT PARK STORE. IMPORTANT INFORMATION EACH CAMPSITE HAS A FIRE RING WITH GRILL ON TOP AND A PICNIC TABLE. THE BATHHOUSE IS CENTRALIZED IN EACH AREA. A PARK NATURALIST IS ON DUTY DURING THE SUMMER. PROGRAMS ARE POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARDS. FISHING VISITORS MAY FISH IN THE ELK OR NORTHEAST RIVERS. A MARYLAND TIDAL FISHING LICENSE IS REQUIRED. MINIMUM STAY THERE IS A TWO NIGHT MINIMUM WEEKEND STAY (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY) AND A THREE NIGHT MINIMUM WEEKEND STAY ON HOLIDAY WEEKENDS MEMORIAL DAY THROUGH LABOR DAY WEEKENDS. PRICING PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. SERVICE CHARGES CAMPGROUND VISITORS MUST PAY A FACILITY SERVICE CHARGE AND EXIT THE CAMPGROUND DAILY BY 10 PM. $3/PERSON MD RESIDENTS AND $4/PERSON OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS. CHILDREN IN CAR SEATS AND SENIOR CITIZENS ARE FREE. GENERATORS AS OF 7/1/05 GENERATORS ARE PERMITTED, BUT ALL ASPECTS OF THEIR USE & OPERATION MUST CONFORM TO THE ESTABLISHED QUIET HOURS & ALL APPLICABLE SAFEGUARDS DESIGNED TO PREVENT DISTURBING OTHER VISITORS & TO PRESERVE THE PEACE & TRANQUILITY OF THE PARK ENVIRONMENT, TO INCLUDE COMAR 08.07.06.20(F). PARK EMERGENCIES AFTER OFFICE HOURS, CONTACT PARK WATCH: 1-800-825-PARK (7275) BUS FEES $10 PER BUS, AS WELL AS $3 PER PERSON FOR MD RESIDENTS AND $4 PER PERSON FOR OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS FIREWOOD RESTRICTION DUE TO THE POTENTIAL THREAT OF THE EMERALD ASH BORER, THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT NATURAL RESOURCES HAS PROHIBITED THE IMPORTATION OF PERSONAL FIREWOOD INTO ALL DNR OWNED AND MANAGED PROPERTIES. PLEASE DO NOT BRING FIREWOOD WITH YOU FROM HOME WHEN VISITING A DNR PROPERTY. GOLDEN AGE PASS PERSONS 62 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER WITH MD Park Service GOLDEN AGE PASS ARE ENTITLED TO HALF-PRICE CAMPING Sunday - Thursday, excluding Holidays. DISPLAY OF GOLDEN AGE PASS WILL BE REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN. ADDITIONAL SERVICE CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED IF UNABLE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VALID PASS. ADDITIONAL ALCOHOL POLICY INFO Maryland's Public Lands: Maryland DNR ALCOHOL PERMIT ALCOHOL PERMITS WILL ONLY BE ISSUED THROUGH A RESERVATION FOR A DESIGNATED SHELTER, OR OTHER APPROVED FACILITY. A $35 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR EACH ALCOHOL PERMIT. PERMITS MAY BE REVOKED FOR CAUSE BY PARK MANAGER, THEIR DESIGNEE OR A NATURAL RESOURCES POLICE OFFICER. ALCOHOL POLICY EFFECTIVE 11/1/2009 THE CONSUMPTION OR POSSESSION OF AN OPEN CONTAINER OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE WILL BE PROHIBITED IN ALL STATE PARK AREAS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF INTERIOR AREAS OF FULL-SERVICE CABINS & MOTORHOMES. PERMITS MAY BE ISSUED UPON REQUEST BY THE PARK MANAGER FOR SPECIAL EVENTS OPERATING UNDER A USE AGREEMENT.
Here you go here's the rules! I can't wait to sit around and make smores on a Kerosene heater!

Ian, I already paid! You have to pay if you cancel! Im going, and getting drunk. I don't care!

$5 say im the frist to get kicked out!

Last edited:

jmh4x4

I've brought my own firewood in during the firewood ban in the past and no one has never said anything. They are afraid of a beetle that destroys trees. scrap wood would be ok. I usualy bring just enough in and keep it covered. I guess they want you to buy the wood at the camp store, not sure how else you are suppose to keep warm.

I was told from a western md mounty that the alcohol ban was a way to kick out rowdy people, keep it quiet and behaved, they are not going to make an issue. This time of year the parks are staffed bear bones, probably one ranger/attendent on after business hours. if that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks