• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Military Vehicle Campout

rideni

Bump this up to the Top
Looks like on friday night we'll try to head over to the Cecil County Dragway, for grudge match Deuce racing.
Can we get enough interest and some headcounts?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ian and I were talking today about drag racing our deuces. Imagine an OD version of Pinks, for bragging rights of course. We could even try racing a bicycle against a deuce. There is a speedway right up the road from the camp ground. I can just imagine Ian on a bike after a hard nite on the keg!!! Here comes breakfast!!!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got to thinking more after i posted. i would like to race my 10 speed bike against my son Matt.'s tractor. Now when a 55 year old guy, with no ankle and a bad knee, beats your 818 its time to get smaller tires on that tractor.

jmh4x4

hell yeah! count me in, (racing and camping) the last time I was at Cecil county drag way, I promised myself, I would bring the duece back to show the riceburners what a real vehicle is.

do they have any weight retrictions on their track?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have the video camera already on charge. This one is going to be a real hoot. We race on Friday nite. Then on Sat we do the tug of war. Now after whooping his ( my son) butt on the 10 speed, I now must will avoid Matt's 818 on this one. The bum knee, bad ankle and 10 speed do not stand a chance. As Clint Eastwood once said, A man has to know his limitations!!! i will race the 818 but not do a tug of war with one!!! I have to come up with 2 trophies. MD SS fastest MV and who has the heavy hauler MV. ( I think I hear Bruce coming up the road for his trophy) Oh yea since I make the rules only 2.5 tons and larger for the race. You can bring anything for the tug of war...

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'll call the strip sometime soon
That will be your assignment soldier!! i have to dream up 2 trophies!!!

OK guys with imaginations, what do we award for the fastest MV and what do we award for the heavy puller? This is for the first annual camp out. I know no one wants to do the 25 yard pistol shoot? We may just turn this into the SS winter olympics. Race/pull/shoot. And then there is the drink off for the young guys after the sun goes down...

rideni

remember if you bring a firearm to shoot at the range at elk neck that this is the peoples republic of maryland and to follow all the firearm transportation rules particularly if it is a hand gun.
I talked to someone at cecil the other day and they are checking into track weight for us, we *may be too heavy. Hopefully will know next week. Getting my M103 trailer cleaned up and ready to carry a s-250.

rideni

Travel warning, the route 40 bridge over the susquehana river is being worked on commercial vehicles with 4 or more axles are prohibited over the bridge from 0600 to 2200 7 days a week. Also on old Maryland 7 just east of North East Maryland the amtrak bridge over the road is a low bridge with parts of it as low as 11'9" and a center height of ~13'. Just an FYI. I will find out if a deuce pulling a single axle trailer to go camping is legal or not.