• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MD 1st Time Deuce

Welcome to the site and it looks like you have a clean and straight deuce! Hope your recovery goes well without problems.
I bought my M880 from a dealer and he reported having no trouble in obtaining a Wisconsin title with just the SF 97 paperwork. When I bought the truck he gave me all the paperwork that came with the truck and I had no trouble in getting it titled and registered as a non-commercial truck in Ohio; in fact, I had my title and plates from Ohio in one day, and that is something for a DMV to move that quckly.

I got insurance coverage for the truck even before I took delivery as I was going to drive it home. :driver:It wasn't expensive and gave me peace of mind. It might be wise for you to check with your insurance agent too before you pick up your deuce. Just sayin':mrgreen:

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just looking at your pictures again and it looks like you may also need a top. It looks like it's open from the front in one of the pictures.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have titled over 20 vehicles and trailers, and always use Glen Burnie. Never had an issue. There are several there who do these all the time. It helps to get there at 425pm, since everyone wants to go home at 5pm and they tend to shift into 2nd and 3rd gear when working at this time.

jrodjared

Yeah new top is probably in order. I'm going to see if it can be salvaged, but likely not. It did however have the canvas bows in the bed if I remember correctly.

roady

I have registered two in Glen Burnie and one in Easton MD with no problems. I may have to try Dudley's idea and show up near closing next time......

jrodjared

I have registered two in Glen Burnie and one in Easton MD with no problems. I may have to try Dudley's idea and show up near closing next time......
Worked on my last historic registration. I registered a 1989 Uhaul box truck as a historic F-350. The lady was looking at me and the papers a little funny, but I think she just wanted to get the heck out of there! haha :driver:

jrodjared

OK, just got the PAID invoice today and made my appointment. I'm picking her up at 9:00am tomorrow morning (Thursday). The guy said he would give me a jump, but I am going to come prepared with two batteries and some tools just in case. All I have to do is drive it about a quarter mile on post over to The Auto Skills Workshop. Shouldn't be too hard.... :shock:

I know it's kind of short notice, but anyone going to be around tomorrow?

jrodjared

Recovery day, 0900 hours. Quite an uneventuful pickup, but that's what I was hoping for! Gave them the paperwork then went up to the yard. A guy with a forklift moved a 5 ton out of the way like it was a Tonka toy truck, then gave me a push, she started right up! Drove it right off the lot.

It's still running, didn't want to turn it off as I am not sure the condition of the batteries. I bought two Autocraft batteries from Advance auto. BTW if you buy parts online and pickup in the store, you can save 20 percent :beer: That was about $40 savings. I'm going to go get them now and install them once I get the truck into the shop.

Too bad I won't have the title in time for the weekend, would have loved to drive it to the breakfast meet-up. Oh well, maybe January.

Attachments

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad all went well for your recovery! Hopefully your title and registration process will be as easy.

jrodjared

Got tired of waiting for the SF97 so I decided to try registering without it, seeing as some of you have had luck with just the bill of sale. That was a huge no-go in the state of MD. Tried the MVA and a local "Tag and Title" place, and they both said they can't do it without the SF97, or "Blue Title" as they called it at the MVA. I sure hope the SF97 is blue, whenever it comes. :???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks