• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MD/PA SS gathering at Appels compound

OLDCHEV4X4

Hey Im from Potomac MD and Just signed on to this site today.

I am looking to buy a 6x6 deuce.

This is the one I am looking at: 2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Anyways, I started looking around the site and found this thread. I see that you have a couple M35's for sale. would you mind linking me to the listing? Might be easier then buying from the government.

Unless someone could explain to me how it works? I am going to try and look at it tomorrow. Its located at Fort Mead, about 40 minutes away. Hopefully it will work out and I will meet up with you guys soon.
Utt Ohh........Here it comes>

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Austin, John and his son Jason are about as honest as they get. You can chance FT Meade, (I will tell you about the runaway diesel I bought there), or pay a little more and test drive 2 or more that start, run and stop when you want it to...

austinaubinoe

OK thank you. I will call Jason this week. What kinda prices is he asking? Also what kind of options do his trucks have? Interested in a rear cargo cover, and possibly a winch. I understand what you mean about paying a little more for a guaranteed runner. As I understand, I need to show the government proof that I am a US citizen and will not resell it, etc. If I buy from Jason, Will I not have to file such paperwork?

Im going to call FT mead tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment to look at it.

Thanks for dealing with me and my noobness. I really did not know where to go for info, then stumbled on the current thread with people in my state. I am a big jeep guy with a XJ on 1 tons, a 1991 Grand Wagoneer, and a Project 94 ZJ. And I plan to start welding/automotive classes at Penn Tech next year.

I have wanted to get into a Jeep 715, but my dad now has a big enough back yard to fit a M35. My dad has also been drooling over 6x6's for quite a while, but has never pursued it. I plan to surprise him!

Last edited:

austinaubinoe

Sorry but I have a question: Do you think the deuce at Fort Mead runs? Anyone know how to make sense of the description or manifest? If Im reading it correctly, The date 1971/08 means it was built in 71 and overhauled in 2008? I would not be surprised if the government had over 100k in the thing!

What is the main reason the military gets rid of them?

Last edited:

hedelta

There are plenty more out there dark horse, I can't wait to get together at johns house I have another brick of 223 coming and I am using the gift card from my brother to get a skeet thrower.

darkhorse78

Yeah...I might just have to snag another one in the future. I didn't get to play with my M35 as much as I would have liked to. I'd love to find a M998 in the future as well. I had considered building an Urban Gorilla replica but I've been doing a little bit of reading on here and am starting to reconsider slightly. I'll just have to take time/money into consideration when the time comes to get a new toy.

- Brett

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey "therealsundance" we are neighbors. I am right up the road and my wife has a business in Lutherville. You guys will love it at Johns. talked with John yesterday and I will bring up a big pot of chilli. Also guns, ammo, MV, parts, more ammo, more guns,......

hedelta

I still can't wait till Sunday. I will work on the dune buggie this week anyone else want to buy a brick of .223. I also have to put the skeet shower together.

Hey "therealsundance" we are neighbors. I am right up the road and my wife has a business in Lutherville. You guys will love it at Johns. talked with John yesterday and I will bring up a big pot of chilli. Also guns, ammo, MV, parts, more ammo, more guns,......

Howdy neighbor.

My son is really excited, ready to put some rounds down range and see some cool military vehicles. He was really bummed when he found out it wasn't yesterday like he thought.

see you there.