• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day 2011 - Post HERE !

vtdeucedriver

I will post pics also as I have a Parade, Airshow, then a Parade. Up here in New England, we are getting hammered with flooding and heavy rains. So in the spirit, I came up with this tonight, I will share it as some of you may need it.

Well it worked for Gen. Patton so here I will give it a try.............."Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for parades. Graciously hearken to us as historians who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy historic vehicle, we may advance from parade to parade and preserve the memory of our fallen and those who have protected this great nation."
Jeff Houghton, with help from Gen. George S. Patton & MSGR. James O'Neil

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our Memorial Day plans were drastically altered...

My step-daughter graduated from High School last evening. Grandma who lives 400 miles from here was recently diagnosed with DDD (Degenerative Disk Disease) and has been having lower back, leg, and foot pain and mobility challenges... The Doc said - NO DRIVING. SO.... I (the son-in-law) drove to fetch her on Wednesday and Thursday, and then Dianna and I will be returning her to her home on Sunday and Monday. She is such an important part of "the kid's" life that no of us would have let her miss the graduation!

Consequently, we'll be traveling and away from local activities for most of the weekend. If time permits, we'll take the Deuce out for a little ride today with the FLAG waving proudly. In the meantime, The ARK is parked in the front yard wit the flag raised HIGH and PROUDLY near our flagpole on which the colors also fly. I echo what Walt/Elk said:

Flying the American flag proudly to those who made the ultimate sacrifice! God Bless America!

God bless America :!::!::!:

Jimma

I got hit on the way to my parade. See my information under my thread about being hit on the way to the Blairsville, GA Memorial Day Parade.

ranchhopper

Did the chicago memorial day parade I lived 40 miles west of chicago most of my life but today is the first time down town.It was a good ride down there foggy and cool the rain held off until we were on the way home. Spent hours in the staging area next to the chicago river watching the draw bridges let the boats through. It was the first time going through the concrete canyons and under the el tracks not much room in places.

Attachments

ABN173

I am thankful for those who served before me, those presently serving along with me, and those who will serve in the future.... BTW my Son just headed over to the sandbox.

-Dale

91W350

An Old Dog, his older truck, and an even older Master..

I went to assist a Vet in moving his property today, took my old dog and the deuce. It is not a parade or event, but my dog and I had some quality time! The muddy river that you get a glimpse of is the Solomon and it is ripping! So is the Saline and the Republic. The Smoky is not so bad or Salina would be on the flood map. When the Saline and Solomon get high, the Smoky is slow to drain. Anyway, shot some video and threw it together. I love watching the wind blow through his coat....good times...he was sailing with his cheeks today, too funny! Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ox8Ikfuc7I[/media]

Assistant Driver!

I went to assist a Vet in moving his property today, took my old dog and the deuce. It is not a parade or event, but my dog and I had some quality time! The muddy river that you get a glimpse of is the Solomon and it is ripping! So is the Saline and the Republic. The Smoky is not so bad or Salina would be on the flood map. When the Saline and Solomon get high, the Smoky is slow to drain. Anyway, shot some video and threw it together. I love watching the wind blow through his coat....good times...he was sailing with his cheeks today, too funny! Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ox8Ikfuc7I[/media]
Thats quite an assistant driver you have Glenn! It looks like he really enjoys being in the right seat riding "Shotgun"!! Nice job on video and nice job helping that veteran out. elk/Walt

ABN173

Wishing everyone a happy Memorial Day, take a moment of silence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, then enjoy the day with family, friends, and fellow veterans. Whatever you do don't forget them.

-Dale

Troll1216

I Went to the Royal Palm Beach Memorial Day Event today and was asked to display my Deuce.

I did not serve, but I respect those who have.

I am glad that They had the opportunity to show their kids and families what they drove and lived in.

Thank all you military guys (and ladies) for what you do...

From a humble cop.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks