• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002A and 003A

a109836

Does anyone know the part number for the connector from fuel tank to aux fuel pump for the mep002a. My generator just has two wires where it is suppose to be plugged into the tank float.

BobbyT

Mine shows MS3057-4B BENDIX 8022 on the collar the wire goes into, then the body of the 90 says ITT CANNON 10 SL.
Not sure where to get it, but searching online for MS3057-4B showed lots of places listing it.
Connector.jpg

Jkid3

I Am new here. I have a question about my MEP-002A. I have been told it is hard on voltage regulator to idol for a long period of time. I want to know if it is hard voltage regulator to idol and warm up and charge the batteries?

Thanks

Dock Rocker

I mean to idol and warm up and charge the batteries with no load on generator.

Thanks
Not sure if this is the correct place for your question I would put it in the Auxiliary Equipment forum if you want a real answer.

I don’t think you are supposed to idle these sets at all. I think they are supposed to run at operating RPM all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
If you want to do something good for your gen set, star it up, run it at 60 hertz and hook up some kind of load to it. The more, the better. Run it a few hours. Do that, and you gen set will love you.

Keith_J

Generators work by spinning a magnet inside a coil(s). These generators use an electromagnet and the electricity for this magnet comes from the voltage regulator. So running a set at lower than rated speed causes the regulator to max out. This burns the output transistor.

Yes, I simplified the operation by skipping over the exciter section and rotating rectifiers...along with CVT and other magic.

BlackhawkMTP

Is there anyway to reference the articles linked in Post #1 of this thread again? When I click on the links it seems like the website has deleted the thread due to old content or something. I believe this is very good information contained in here as I have recently bought 2 MEP-002a generators that I am trying to get back in service. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks fellas.

Gypsyman

Here you go. Link corrected.

Last edited:

derf

Also, maybe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks