• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Hidden battery "jumper" cable

ChesapeakeJohnny

Mine was under the battery trays, tucked in the frame.

I imagine most of the units to be had at Chambersburg PA will be the same.

Thought I'd post in case others experience apparent missing battery jumper. Didn't see it until I removed trays to replace with Group 24 trays.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotcha. Some refer to it as a dog bone. Most are not lucky to get it, or the battery hold downs.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't worry about cleaning much of anything around that area....the tray and skid are both Aluminum...not much corrosion

bimota

Hey, Napa sells these battery to battery cables to make a 24VDC battery in various sizes. Most of the time they keep one in stock.

What I though you were referring to was the MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cable - can anyone identify the cable set that goes from the external plug (below the control box) to ???

bimota

MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cables?

Hey, Napa sells these battery to battery cables to make a 24VDC battery in various sizes. Most of the time they keep one in stock.

What I though you were referring to was the MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cable - can anyone identify the cable set that goes from the external plug (below the control box) to ???

bimota

MEP-003 remote battery NATO Slave Cable

Ok, good suggestion. When in doubt read the manual, problem is these old manuals are long, convoluted and full of strange terminology. But I found it and I;m contributing.

The remote battery connector is used with a "NATO Slave Cable".

So where do I get one and what is connected on the other end?

steelandcanvas

When I bought my 003 from GL, I didn't get the "dogbone", but some very thoughtful person safety wired the battery retainers and bolts to the battery tray. One less thing to buy or fab up.[thumbzup]

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny because I got two 003's from Letterkenny last week and mine were tied down also. When I started reading this thread, ran out and looked all under everything, no dogbones!

bimota

Lucky, the dog-bones are not inexpensive at Napa but very high quality, mil-spec or close; wire sizes actually to large for the loads starting the 003s.

Can I get some clarification on the Nato Slave Cables? In looking them up there is "new" and "old" styles and adapters. Prices look pretty high at retail, is there a source via GL or do some of you guys have some cables laying in the barn?

My guess is the MEP-003 use the "old" style connector but not sure. Bueller?, Bueller:)

bimota

Lucky, the dog-bones are not inexpensive at Napa but very high quality, mil-spec or close; wire sizes actually to large for the loads starting the 003s.

Can I get some clarification on the Nato Slave Cables? In looking them up there is "new" and "old" styles and adapters. Prices look pretty high at retail, is there a source via GL or do some of you guys have some cables laying in the barn?

My guess is the MEP-003 use the "old" style connector but not sure. Bueller?, Bueller:)

Nonotagain

The slave cables came in two flavors, a two pin and and a single pin version.

The NATO cable is the single pin version.

Old US is a two pin cable.

I have a few sets of NATO cables, 20' long, 2/0 gauge copper with two NATO to old US adapters for sale.

PM for details.

hmsgoodhope

Hello,

Just came across your post - do you still have the 20 foot single pole NATO Slave /Jumper Cables you mentioned? If you do and would like to sell PM me.

If the ship has already sailed can you put me on target to buy ends so I can fab one myself?

Best regards,

Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks