• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Hidden battery "jumper" cable

ChesapeakeJohnny

Mine was under the battery trays, tucked in the frame.

I imagine most of the units to be had at Chambersburg PA will be the same.

Thought I'd post in case others experience apparent missing battery jumper. Didn't see it until I removed trays to replace with Group 24 trays.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotcha. Some refer to it as a dog bone. Most are not lucky to get it, or the battery hold downs.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't worry about cleaning much of anything around that area....the tray and skid are both Aluminum...not much corrosion

bimota

Hey, Napa sells these battery to battery cables to make a 24VDC battery in various sizes. Most of the time they keep one in stock.

What I though you were referring to was the MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cable - can anyone identify the cable set that goes from the external plug (below the control box) to ???

bimota

MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cables?

Hey, Napa sells these battery to battery cables to make a 24VDC battery in various sizes. Most of the time they keep one in stock.

What I though you were referring to was the MEP-002 and MEP-003 external battery cable - can anyone identify the cable set that goes from the external plug (below the control box) to ???

bimota

MEP-003 remote battery NATO Slave Cable

Ok, good suggestion. When in doubt read the manual, problem is these old manuals are long, convoluted and full of strange terminology. But I found it and I;m contributing.

The remote battery connector is used with a "NATO Slave Cable".

So where do I get one and what is connected on the other end?

steelandcanvas

When I bought my 003 from GL, I didn't get the "dogbone", but some very thoughtful person safety wired the battery retainers and bolts to the battery tray. One less thing to buy or fab up.[thumbzup]

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny because I got two 003's from Letterkenny last week and mine were tied down also. When I started reading this thread, ran out and looked all under everything, no dogbones!

bimota

Lucky, the dog-bones are not inexpensive at Napa but very high quality, mil-spec or close; wire sizes actually to large for the loads starting the 003s.

Can I get some clarification on the Nato Slave Cables? In looking them up there is "new" and "old" styles and adapters. Prices look pretty high at retail, is there a source via GL or do some of you guys have some cables laying in the barn?

My guess is the MEP-003 use the "old" style connector but not sure. Bueller?, Bueller:)

bimota

Lucky, the dog-bones are not inexpensive at Napa but very high quality, mil-spec or close; wire sizes actually to large for the loads starting the 003s.

Can I get some clarification on the Nato Slave Cables? In looking them up there is "new" and "old" styles and adapters. Prices look pretty high at retail, is there a source via GL or do some of you guys have some cables laying in the barn?

My guess is the MEP-003 use the "old" style connector but not sure. Bueller?, Bueller:)

Nonotagain

The slave cables came in two flavors, a two pin and and a single pin version.

The NATO cable is the single pin version.

Old US is a two pin cable.

I have a few sets of NATO cables, 20' long, 2/0 gauge copper with two NATO to old US adapters for sale.

PM for details.

hmsgoodhope

Hello,

Just came across your post - do you still have the 20 foot single pole NATO Slave /Jumper Cables you mentioned? If you do and would like to sell PM me.

If the ship has already sailed can you put me on target to buy ends so I can fab one myself?

Best regards,

Ed