• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004a or 005a voltage regulator

Jimmie Morgan

ccording to
2 wires for Volt sensing. 2 for field. Then there needs to be something to inject power to the field to start the head. That's where a resistor comes in. It sounds intimidating but it's quite easy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
according to
peapvp
I need a lot of other things for it to work right . Can you send me some INFO Please ??? Thanks

Jimmie Morgan

So guys wanted to give everyone an update. The advr054 Works perfect as long as you have residual electricity. I let the unit sit for over a year and started it up, no power. So i installed a simple push button switch to excite the field. I used this push button switch from Oreilly's, then ran power from the Dc circuit breaker right beside my chrome button in the pic below. Then ran a wire from the push button to F1 exciter terminal with the 56ohm resistor and a 5406 diode in place. So if it looses the residual electricity all i have to do is hit the chrome buttonand it generates. Works good. I also did this on another unit for a customer.View attachment 851020View attachment 851019
What is the 56 OHM resistor fo ???? Do I need to get some ????

Jimmie Morgan

Jimmie, If you go to amazon or e bay and put in "advr054 regulator" then it will bring up the voltage regulator you need. That little regulator replaces the entire big box that houses the original VR. You will have 2 or 3 wires for the sensing (depending on single phase or 3phase that you are using). These 2-3 wires can be hooked to the right side of the contractor so they can sense the voltage. doesnt matter which wires are hooked to what terminal on the contactor. Then you will have 2 wires going to F1 and F2, F1 and F2 are on the terminal board (little 2 wire hookup terminal board) F1 is F+ on the VR and F2 is F- on the VR, these do have a specific hookup. The terminal board sits to the left (toward the gauges) of the original big box. The original plug for the big box is actually hooked to the terminal board. After you get the ADVR054, read the directions because your going to have dipswitches that need to be changed for different operations. Come back and ask questions if you get stuck.
I am going to try it I just hope I can find the RiGHT wires & do not blow it up !!!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Scooby wrote:
Ok. How did you hook it up? Pictures are a plus

If you hooked it up by the diagram, it could not have burnt up. So take some pictures. Show us the wire diagram that came with the VR. Show us where you made the wire connections.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks