• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A GP Win

Chainbreaker

Well sorry Mainsail, but the ice storm you sent us seems to have hijacked a portion of your thread! However, it certainly demonstrates the value of having a reliable/capable generator at the ready! ;)

Sounds like you guys got hit harder then we did around salem, didnt have to break out the 803, but I had it sitting in the shop ready to go.
Yep, we got 1+" of ice here it was a record setting ice storm! There are still 1,917 customers in just our County (Lane County) without power as of this evening.

Our local area received massive damage with BIG trees down on pwr lines, houses, & cars & laying across roads. Plus lots of cars that slipped off roads into ditches etc. We were extremely fortunate that at our house we just lost a section of fencing due to downed Oak trees & we were only without utility power for ~5 hrs. The generator took good care of us during our short outage. I shut down the generator sometime around midnight & switched interlock back to utility power while asleep. I left a lamp on in bedroom that came back on an hour later :). Though we had power flickering on/off the next 2 days but never again lost power. All my critical electronics are on CyberPower battery backup/surge protection systems, so everything electronic survived the utility power flickering just fine.

Although,...I just got my Starlink Internet back online. Not sure if the ice storm had anything to do with it... had Starlink dish panel in "pre-heat mode" a few hrs before ice storm hit, so no ice collected on it during the storm. But somehow our Starlink equipment, even with surge protection & battery backup went belly up for 6 days. Starlink customer support quickly sent out a new system that arrived today & I'm back online with solid internet service. During our Starlink down time 5G cellular seemed soooo "slothly s-l-o-w" at just 1-2 bars of 5G cell service out here.

Now onward to February to see what it might have in store for us. :unsure:🥶 ❄🌨

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friend is looking at the auctions for an 802, and there are several coming up soon. He asked about blow-by as the units tested all have what appears to be a lot of blow-by.

So tonight I fired mine up and it's definitely blowing oil mist out the oil fill port and making a mess. Similar to Item# 11156893 but not as bad as Item# 11156892.

So what is normal blow-by for these?

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, unfortunately there should be a vacuum draw at the oil fill... no pressure like that at all. There may be a small amount of air movement and light oil just from the rotation of the internals of the engine, but not like the Butner videos. They've been pushing absolute trash machines out of NC for years now!

Took this video a number of years ago for someone who was buying an 803 from me sight unseen (shipping down into the southeast):

No awards will be won for my videography skills

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks