MEP 831A Fix-up Thread

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

CallMeColt

So, took it out to my off grid place to run it overnight & be sure all the kinks were worked out. Got 4 hours out of it. Woke up just after falling asleep to it making an off noise. Muffler broke right at the header! Seems like a strange thing to break. Turns out the two bolts on the back side were missing that hold it from vibrating. I'd say that, along with a long time of being left in a field by the person I got it from, were the cause. A co-worker of mine is going to weld it back together for me.

83920805_1259113847810373_8182444299867127808_n.jpg 84276625_2566706090241993_7097394698855120896_n.jpg

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
I follow your exploits with interest, and your keenness for follow thru and getting things done. That all said, having owned 5 of these units, there is no way I will ever own or work on another until the original GAC controller has been replaced with one of Klopp's replacement controller units. While none or not much of your problems seem related to the original controller, always in some failing state, still it's insane the set up and reliability of these unit using the original controllers, [more rant] I am of the strong opinion/belief it's not a question of when the original controller will cause reliability/readiness issues. Only that it will occur ...
I don't know Klopp from shinola but i know his 831A controllers are the single best improvement preventative effort that can be made to make these sets start/run and operate reliably..
best: mac/mc

CallMeColt

I follow your exploits with interest, and your keenness for follow thru and getting things done. That all said, having owned 5 of these units, there is no way I will ever own or work on another until the original GAC controller has been replaced with one of Klopp's replacement controller units. While none or not much of your problems seem related to the original controller, always in some failing state, still it's insane the set up and reliability of these unit using the original controllers, [more rant] I am of the strong opinion/belief it's not a question of when the original controller will cause reliability/readiness issues. Only that it will occur ...
I don't know Klopp from shinola but i know his 831A controllers are the single best improvement preventative effort that can be made to make these sets start/run and operate reliably..
best: mac/mc
Yes, if I were to refurbish one of these ever again I would not even bother with the old style controller.

Thanks for the compliment on following thru. Over the years & watching the internet grow, I have always hated dead ends on things like forums or projects. I also disliked how the information, when available, is there but like a puzzle. When I contribute, I want to NOT do those two things if at all possible!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks